I got the coolest email from a friend who lives in New Jersey - it had on it 45 "Life Lessons" that a news reporter wrote an article about that she has learned over her many years of talking with people & hearing their stories. Some of these were awesome points & I just wanted to touch on a few of them. You know me though - I have an opinion on everything so a few of these thoughts, I figured I'd just throw my 2 cents worth in as well - so this may end up turning into a few "parts" through the week. And truthfully, with everything that is going on in my life right now - doctor's visits, insurance issues, health problems, air conditioning bombing in the house, blah, blah, blah - I could use some good life lessons myself right now to focus on!
1. Life isn't fair - but its still good! Oh man - think about how true that is - especially for those that live in the good ole USA! To hear the stories of our mission teams & the things they see & experience - WOW! Yeah, life may not be fair in ALOT of areas - but how good do we have it!
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step. I love this because I'm one of those people who forget about the next step - I'm too busy looking ahead at the 57th step ahead - trying to look into that crystal ball of sorts & figuring things out myself! And the thing I've learned - it never turns out that way anyways - so why waste the time & energy of worrying about things we have no idea on how their going to turn out. Just take the next small step - & then the next & then the next.....must easier!
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. God doesn't call us to that anyways - does He? Hate is such a "draining" emotion where Love is such a better feeling!
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does!
5. Pay off your credit cards every month! Dave Ramsey would love that point, wouldn't he? We have told our kiddos from the time they were little that credit cards were from the Devil! Who knew little pieces of plastic could make life to difficult for so many!
6. You dont have to win every argument. Agree to disagree! ......... I need to remind Ricky of this point! I'm always right anyways (hehe!)
7. Cry with someone. Its more healing than crying alone. Oh, how I thank my friends & their shoulders for crying on! When you cry with a friend - don't they have thoughts & wisdom that you just would never to be able to find on your own at that moment? Friends are the best to cry with also because it usually turns to laughter!
8. Its OK to get angry with God. He can take it! Enough said!
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck! Have you ever seen the stastics of what your savings would be if you started as a teenager? (Another Dave Ramsey lesson here) - tells those young un's in your life to get on it!
Just a few for today.....more tomorrow!