Today, with the grandbabies, I learned:
* throwing rocks into water is a huge entertainment for a 15 months old... so much so that he has huge belly-laughs. Who knew the power of a KUR-PLUNK sound?
* a sleepy 3 yr old makes for a grumpy 3 yr old
* a grumpy 3 yr old makes Nanny the bad guy
* a 3 yr old doesnt hold a grudge very long
* I must look pretty darn goofy with french braids. Isaac looked at me & laughed... & then looked at me again & laughed... & looked at me again & laughed.
* a 3 yr old can give you a complex
* the hill in our front yard is now officially "a mountain"
* snot & slobber still grosses me out
* When you ask Luke where his eyes are at & he points to his nose, you dont care... it still cute & you still lavish praise in kisses. Who cares if it messes him up in biology 10 yrs down the road.
* some playground equipment is REALLY REALLY high. Too high for Nanny's to go up & have to pull down grandchildren without getting dizzy.
* the recliner next to Pappy's... in front of the tv that has a "Spiderman" video loop playing... has now become officially "Isaac's chair". I dare you to argue that with a 3 yr old too...or even attempt to sit in it.
.....I cant wait to see what I get to learn today from 2 little boys...