You can click the button below & join in...
1. February 22nd is National Be Humble Day...what makes you proud? What keeps you humble?
I actually looked up the definition of "humble" because though I know what it means, I wanted a definite wording to go with it... it showed, "Modest, respectful, lowly". So actually my answer for both proud & humble is the same...
Teaching the youth for so many years makes me proud. Especially when something I say really hits home with the kids & they get it... & getting to baptize a teenager? Oh wow - that's such a proud moment... but tucked in it all, the most humble feeling ever. I know God is the one moving, not me. I know its God that touchde the heart, not me. I stand respectful & lowly in His presence as He works in these situations.
Dang... it got deep in here quick today! :)
2. Where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
My poor kitchen counter. It can never stay cleared off. Literally, when I clean the kitchen, it wont be 10 minutes & there will be newspaper, mail, keys, cell phones, Bibles, pictures, vitamins... I could go on...& on... & on...
3. Do you make it a point to visit State/National Parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? What's your favorite?
The only National Park that I care about ever visiting? Gatlinburg... love that place! I'm such a mountain girl. But other national parks? I have no idea... dont even know any where I live. How sad is that? I do have a park down the road from me though with a killer playground & running path. Does that count?
4. How would you define honor?
All I can think about when I hear honor, is the movie "Mulan"
Think I watch too much Disney?
Angel food for calorie wise choices... Devil food for the taste. Kinda goes appropriately with their names, huh?
6. What's the most recent road trip you've taken? Where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? Do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? What is your car snack of choice?
I feel like everyday with the bridge closed around here has been a road trip. Whew! ... I dont do road trips often. I'm a car sickness - motion sickness - move me too fast sickness - kinda person. I literally get sick even sitting in traffic. That little stop & go movement? I have gotten out in the middle of traffic & walked up & down the road just to get air because I would end up with chunks in the floor of my car. (There's your pleasant thought of the day)....
The last road trip I guess I took was to Cincinnati when we drove the youth kids. There is no stopping & being leisure when you have a van full of other people's kids. You just want to make it there safely.
When Ricky & I travel - he's not a "leisure" kind of person either.
Nothing about traveling is fun for me... nothing....
7. Recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. Reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. The inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. The packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. You can read the story here. Your thoughts?
Being someone who is starting to get VERY interested in nutrition (Hello? Have you watched "Fork over Knives" yet? Or "Food Matters"?) I worry so much about the food that the kids of today are being fed.
It says the inspector said the lunch "didnt meet USDA guidelines"... & chicken nuggets are a part of those guidelines? Geez... no wonder obesity will make this next generation die younger then their parents...
Here is a kid that their parents took the time & sent a decent lunch with & they take it away? How about focusing on the kids that have no lunch at all & are hungry?
I could get on a soap box here... & I dont even have kids in school...
The world is going Craaazzyyyyy!!!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As of today, the Neurotin for my neuropathy?... doing diddly squat.
I'm supposed to be taking 3 a day, but just taking 1 a day right now. I cant imagine taking 3... the 1 pill is making me dizzy & tired. 3? I'll be in a coma. See? I just dont tolerate medicine.
In other words? I'm screwd...