|(You can click & join in with others sharing their weekend0|
Whiizzzz.... that was the weekend that just went by...
* We got mail... (love an old Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan shout out)... but no really - real mail. From our World Vision gal. We've had the same girl since 2007 & it blows me away to see her growing up. Here's her picture from last year (on the left) & this year. She's getting so big. She says every year though, "Please pray for me to live in peace"... how does a child think to ask THAT to pray for? Breaks my heart
* FINISHED WEDDING PICTURES!!!! Now, its just time to go through for final edits & then get the proof album together. I think I did a little happy dance.
* Friday nights for me lately end with me & my Kindle....
* Up early to drop another doggie off at the groomers
* Headed to Kohl's with a 30% off... makes shopping so much more fun. I ended up getting a new purse. I'm weird about purses. They have to 'speak to me'... this one said, "you HAVE to have me"... I listened. I've been trying to find a 'pretty' metallic purse. This picture makes it look really silver. Its not. Its like a silver/gold mix. & its one of those I can put across my body.... free hands... love that
* Stopped to get some dog food & got caught in a MASSIVE STORM!!!!! Glad to see the rain - but WOW, didnt know the past 2 months of drought would catch up in a few minutes.... We waited & waited.. & waited... & waited... It calmed down enough for Ricky to take the dog food to the car & as soon as he ran back, soaked to the bone... the rain stopped. Timing is not our thing.
* Stopped at Goodwill to get an umbrella
* Got our baby girl... they told us her face is like a puppy... we know... she's beautiful. & we love when she gets shaved down - she seems so happy & LIGHT :)
* Headed to a friend's graduation party... the rain had us under tents, but it was fun sitting & gabbing with friends. Great seeing some faces I hadnt seen in awhile. (Carly Sue, it was so good to see your face is as beautiful as ever)
* We found a toy earlier at the pet supply store for Buffy... she had a water-toss toy that she LOVESSSSSSS... she carries it around everywhere & has 'loved' it enough where the ends are gone. We had to take it away from her because now, she's tearing the plastic off & eating it. So we found a new one... hadnt seen one like it for years. We snagged it up & Buffy was one happy old girl. She doesnt look happy here, but this is after she's caught it 25 times & needed a break
Right after this picture was taken, that old one was in the garbage...
* Our wonderful neighbor brought over more yellow squash... I'm in produce heaven..
* Merge!!! I was up to teach ... love when I tell the kids things like, "Transistor Radio" or "Mork from Ork" or "3D movies in 1977" & they just give me strange looks.
* Headed out to lunch with some friends... I actually snagged someone's debit card of their hand & took off running... but I apologized before I did it... & I did it out of love... you never know what's going to happen at a lunch with me & Ricky
* Checking out my new cookbook that came in the mail the day before... a great EASY recipe for an orange glaze to put over anything sweet... Oh yeah!!! I turn always directly to the desserts in a cookbook
* The Hubs & I took Syd & Bruno for a quick walk. On a mission to slim down our "Chubby Boy" ... but the sun came out & YAZZZAAA - it got hot. We made it about a half mile. But Bruno was huffing & puffing like he did a full marathon.
* THRIVE!!! Got to teach Senior High too... ended the night with watermelon! YUM... & an iPad that was switching everyone's faces. There are some UGLY people in our group when you change faces with others. I'm including myself in that. My face does NOT look right on other's bodies.
* BIG BROTHER. Ricky & I relaxed & ended the busy weekend... whew... it was tiring.
Here's to a great week ahead!!!