They frown on sleeping at your desk... no fair...
But here's how my weekend looked like
* I stopped at Starbucks on the way home - got a Java Chip Frap - it looked A-MAZ-ING! Chocolate-y & yummy... but as I was walking out to the car, I had it in a small basket from the grocery with some sparkling water & thanks to the bumpy road, it fell over & dumped all over me... right down my pant legs, right into my suede shoes. I was so freaking mad.... mainly because the drink looked so good.
|(This doesnt even show how soaked my pants were... or how wet my shoes were|
... or how mad my face was)
* Chasity & I headed to the wedding rehearsal of the Bride & Groom we would be shooting the next day...
* Got home & made sure everything was charged & I tried to get to bed early... got a little caught up though in that show on CMT about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I never watch CMT but somehow catch this show every year. (Side note: I always used to dress up like a Cowboy cheerleader when I was little. I just loved to tie that knot in the middle of my shirts)
*Wedding Day!!!! Which means very few pictures of the day because I had a camera around my neck all day... which makes no sense really.
* It was an outdoor wedding - which I've been so excited to do - but whew, HANG ON... the wind was INTENSE. While the grandparents were walking down the aisle, I had to make sure the arch didnt blow over at the front of the ceremony.
* The wedding had a photo booth for all the guests & the Bride & Groom get a copy of all the pics - so Chasity & I had to take a minute before we left to leave our mark.
|(We were saying "We love you" with a nose pick at the end)|
* MY BIG TOE... I got some cute Crocs (yes, they do exist) & they really help my feet since I'm standing from 11am - 9pm - but the past 2 weddings, my big toe always hurts on one foot. Isnt that weird?
* So I won an entry for a race... I wanted to do it but was afraid to enter knowing it was the day after a wedding (which EXHAUSTS me)... but when I won the entry, I thought, let's give it a go.... but then, we OVERSLEPT!!!
I set my alarm on my phone for Saturday - not Sunday.... we needed to leave the house at 7am... we woke up at 6:50am!!!!!!!!!! I jumped up & asked Ricky, "What do we do?" - he said, "Its up to you. If you're going to feel bad about not doing it, let's get up - if you dont care, let's go back to bed" .... I knew I'd kick myself if I didnt try. So we were up & out of the house in 10 minutes
* Eating half of a protein bar in the car & about 4 oz of water before a race isnt the smartest way to start a race...
* My iPod died as we were walking to the start line... I just knew this race was going to be the worse one ever... but Ricky pulled out a camera, so I dont care how upset I was, I've gotta smile. I know the rules of what to do in front of a camera.
|(In my mind, I'm thining, "Dang Stupid Ipod" while my stomach is growling)|
* Thankful that Ricky was with me... he kept me smiling, encouraging me & going with an empty stomach & a sore back from the day before...
* We finished ... & did decent... I ended up beating my time from last year by 1 minute, 3 seconds... that's awesome!!!!
* Probably in my top 2 fav medals... the center spins
* we were ready for FOOD at this point. So we headed up to Cracker Barrel.. & yes, I wore my medal in.
* Stopped to get my car washed on the way home ... I spent $10 for the premium wash - got out & looked & there are still dead bugs on my car, & dirt on my bumper. Well, I know not to waste my money on that again.
|(Bubbles... reminded me of peacocks.....& my car looked like peacocks pooped on it afterwards)|
* Edit Edit Edit... the rest of my Sunday was starting on wedding photos
* Emmy's .... learned that it is DownTON Abby, not DownTOWN Abby... who knew?
* Jimmy Kimmel... thumbs up!