Why? Because I had a camera around my neck all day on Saturday...
one word can sum it up my weekend...
So while I took pictures of a wedding, I didnt take pictures of much else... after all, I'm getting paid to do that - not take pictures of my life :)
But here's a quick run down anyways of the weekend
* Headed up to the church for the rehearsal... & my GPS BITES.. big time... I was 30 minutes late to the church & left early to get there too. This is why I like to go to the rehearsals so I'm not lost on the wedding day.
|(See her shoes on the alter? They did something really cool... she walked down the aisle barefoot & the groom put her shoes on, ala Cindarella style... aaahhh)|
* Ricky & I stopped in the little town where the church was for dinner... but he didnt feel good so we literally got our order & was out the door in less then 10 minutes. Poor guy.
* Up early... lots to do & nerves to boot. 6 am & I'm getting my car packed up.
* Thankful I have my new car... its bigger then my Santa Fe & held all my equipment perfectly. I should have had a bottle of champagne to crack on my car as it was the maiden voyage for photography.
* Found out I won an entry to a race that I was debating on doing... guess I'm doing it now :)
* Had to drive to Louisville to pick up 2 lenses & then back up through Indiana for the wedding, so I was driving for almost 2 hours... ugh...
* The drive was easier because I got to use my new car's MP3 hookup... 2 hours driving with all my favorite songs made my voice raspy by the time I arrived to the wedding
* Busy Busy Busy....but perfect, beautiful day... it was in the 70's, sunny, beautiful blue skies.. couldnt have asked for a better day
* Couldnt have asked for a better family to work with either...
You totally know pictures are coming* One of the bridesmaids looked so familiar to me & she said I looked familiar to her... we figured it out... she came with a friend to my church one time & I taught that night... I felt good when she said, "you were so funny" :)
* What's the deal? Do guys have all the fun? These groomsmen were the funniest bunch of guys... I think maybe Bridesmaids spend so much time on hair & makeup that there's no time for fun. Guys? Put more then 2 in a room & its 'GAME ON'
* Chasity assisted me again & the day went so smoothly - I'm still in shock... we were packed up & in the cars by 9 pm... the day was completely 100% stress free... ahhh
* Came home to the BEST SURPRISE!!!! The Hubs had my garage 90% cleaned out... it had to take him all day to do what he did...
* I was starving by the time I got home - Ricky & I went out for pizza at 10:00 pm
* Up to 1:30 am uploading wedding pictures... yawn...
* Got greeted by the youth on my way into church - made the start of my day fantastic
* It was another beautiful day, so I took the 7th/8th graders outside for our small group... I could have church outside anytime its that beautiful
* Ricky & I went out for lunch & then stopped by my mom & dad's house... here's a picture of the sky from sitting on their back porch... told you - beautiful day
* Editing, editing, editing... my goal is to try & get the whole wedding edited within 2 weeks... before my NEXT wedding! I've already got 72 pictures edited - so a good start.
Hope everyone else had a beautiful weekend... why cant every day be like that?