1. What is one thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
haha... hahahahaha.... whooooo.... heeee.....
sorry... organized? My life? ... makes me chuckle
I will say though, I'm going out to get a file cabinet this weekend.
Does that count for anything?
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I started working at grocery store at 16.
Let me tell you first of all, it was my DREAM JOB! No joke. My whole life, all I wanted every year for Christmas was a REAL cash register. None of this PLAY plastic kind. I wanted real buttons, with a real register, with real paper receipts. So when I turned 16 & was able to work a real register, it was like a dream come true.
...how sad is that?...
But the uniforms when I started were seriously HIDEOUS
This is exactly what they were
|(I have no idea who these people are... just thankful they were brave enough to take a picture in their uniforms so long ago)|
But for once, I hit the lucky time because they were switching over the uniforms in the near future, so I didnt have to wear one of those blue polyster tragedy against fashion outfits.
instead, I got the squarest looking piece of material that existed.
It seriously was awful.... completely square shaped, 3/4 length sleeves, a collar from the 70's on it. Who designed this stuff?
I get so jealous now when I go in the grocery store & see they only have to wear polo shirts with the grocery name on them.
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
The only thing I can think of happened last night.
I got a new spice from the grocery this weekend.... have you ever tried to get those stupid plastic hole covers off? You HAVE to get it off too if you want to get the paper off from underneath... or measure any out...
But goodness gracious. With 2 nails broken & Ricky finally taking a razor blade & slicing it off, I've never seen anything so tough in my life.
I loose my patience in stuff like that
4. How do you protect yourself against other people's negativity?
I have someone in my life that I see Monday - Friday that is probably the most negative person I know... I cant even DESCRIBE how negative they are.
& sometimes, it rubs off - I aint gonna lie
But honestly, my office is like a church because I have bibles all around me & scripture written EVERYWHERE... trying to keep my heart & mind in the right spot.
I even have a white board & I keep scripture on it so when someone comes in my office, they see it as well.
Right now - the scripture (that I've actually kept up for MONTHS now because its so appropriate)
Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults - unless of course - you want the same treatment. ~Luke 6:37
Hoping some of this rubs off on negative nellies around me :)
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I think I hear it at least once a week, if not once a day, "You just looked like your mom when you said/did that", says my husband
I always thought I resembled my dad a bit though... but the older I get, the more I see my grandmother
But I will say, my parents when they moved found a picture of my mom when she was actually pregnant with me... HOLY COW... it made me tear up - I thought it was me. That was freaky!!!
So I like to think of myself as a HODGEPODGE of my family
(Like that Joyce? that was for you!)
.... & I totally can hear the Hubs reading this & saying, " No way - you're your mom made over - case closed"
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
I'm not a bath kinda girl...
maybe because our bath tubs in our home are like kid size & miserable to get in & out of
Home Makeover - want to come to my house & give me a new bathroom?
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are...Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy), and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
The Sundance Film Festival in Utah...
have you ever seen the pictures for that?
Celebrites everywhere... beautiful land... & great films. I think they have tons of documentaries as well - it would be the coolest week ever!
& I wouldnt need a passport or have to fly over the ocean like some of the others.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My first night of vegan cooking was a success.
I made roasted cauliflower with quinoa & black beans & tomatoes.
It was crazy good.
I put like 5 spices on the cauliflower - paprika, cumin, pepper, chili powder & garlic salt... & putting it with the black beans & tomato - it almost tasted like a chili.
The quinoa was a roasted pepper flavor - so it just mixed in great
The end result? Even Ricky was excited & thrilled & said, "this may be one of the best things you've ever made"