Wednesday, May 15, 2013
1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
Oh, the usual raises my blood pressure: traffic, work, pain, stupidity, laundry, open cabinets, belts laying all over the house.... the usual stuff
What calms it down? laughing... the best way to ease stress
Yes, I've checked my blood pressure a lot - because its been too low lately. It's about 95/60 lately. I've been feeling worn down & that's probably a good reason why.
2. You found $1-what do you spend it on? $10 $100?
$1.00 - A York Peppermint Patty
$10.00 - Probably a new DVD or book
$100.00 - running shoes
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not yet enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means higher prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
Oh, I've been following this.
I've turned into a BIG TIME label reader since that mystery toxic reaction I had last year that caused that horrid neuropathy.
if you really sit & read a label, it will freak you out & make you want to look into more natural foods. Its scary to think what we put in our bodies.
Saying that - I refuse to look at the ingredients in those York Peppermint Patties that I just bought for $1 in the last question
4. May 15th marks the birth date of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
Ahhh - my momma will love this question. She's a bona fide Wizard of Oz freak... & I use the word 'freak' in the nicest & loving way possible...
Saying that... at this point, I need brains.
Saturday, I'll be photographing a wedding. With that, the day is hectic - lots of people, lots of situations you can't control - so my brain has to be 3 steps ahead of everyone else.
When I get in my car at the end of the wedding, I think my brain actually will fizzle out... as well as my whole body.
its tough being a photographer
Maybe I should wear a Dorothy dress at the wedding for inspiration... or even better - a Scarecrow outfit!
5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
I feel that statement every day - Monday through Friday - between 7 & 4 ...
6. Steak-yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
UGH, gag, puke & no...
But saying that, I never was a fan of steak anyways when I did eat meat...
I could get into reasons why, but I'll refrain for all you steak lovers
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
This past Saturday - we were shooting prom pictures for some clients & was finishing up at 5:00 - & I had to be at an engagement session at 5:15...
we were trying to settle up at this first location & book it to the next...
Luckily, as we're going down the highway, I get a text that said, "We're running a few minutes late" - whew...
We literally pulled in the same parking lot at the same time as the engagement couple
That worked out nicely
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I don't get it
I want to kick something
I want to jump on the scale & break it in two
So I said the other day I was at my heaviest... well, that was 3 less lbs ago...
Yep - gained 3 lbs this week!
How does that even happen?
I got in over 8 miles on Saturday - I work out 3-4 days a week - I account for every calorie on My Fitness Pal (& I'm usually under if not right on it for the day)...
Ricky even said, "That doesn't make any sense"
I know when people see me, they think, "Suuurrrreeeeee, you workout"... "Suuuurreeeeeeee, you run that many miles in a week"....
Ricky even said, "Just quit working out like you do - its just going to chase you down anyways"... great.... that's encouraging...