* Time to pack up the gear... Harvey was a little confused why all these bags were in the living room. I think he was nervous thinking a trip was going to happen. Actually, I take less on trips.
* I felt like someone drugged me. I was tired the whole day & was just ready for an early bed time. I didn't disappoint myself... I was snoozing by 9:30.
* WEDDING DAY!!!... & it was beautiful outside. Sunny, blue skies... started off COLD, but the forecast said it was going to warm up 20 degrees to get us to 56 degrees. Perfection!
* I felt like I was on The Amazing Race... I had to park at the Bride & Groom's new house they were building, which is next door to their parents house. They had said a cart would come get me with my equipment, but they were so busy setting up tents & arranging everything, no one saw me. So see all that equipment in that picture above? I ended up carrying it all... & not only carrying it all, but tackling 2 hills up & another down. At one point, I was laughing because I thought, "I'm on TV - this can't be real"
|I'm pretty sure I still had these pack mules beat|
* .... & of course.... forgot one last piece of equipment & had to go back. But luckily, the bride's dad drove me over in the cart & we got to pick up my buddy/assistant, who is pregnant & didn't need to do all that walking.
* I felt like a dork driving in the cart with one tripod in my lap after I was carrying about 50 lbs on my own
* The day could NOT have gone better. Between the weather, & the amazing family & friends that were surrounding us all day, it was just a perfect day.
* When the bride got dressed, her dad did a first look with her & then she gave him back her purity ring he gave her when she was young. Oh my gosh... not a dry eye in the room. These are the moments when its hard to be a photographer, clicking through blurry eyes.
|This is about what Chasity & I looked like|
* Chasity & I actually got to take breaks during the day & even snacked on food around lunch time! .... it felt like another world.
* It was thanks to people who listen because we buzzed through all the pictures like a breeze. Chasity & I kept looking at each other & saying, "Are we forgetting anything?"... it just went that smoothly. We're always prepared for chaos & disorder :)
I think we remembered everything
* The property at this home was gorgeous & they have a pond behind their home with a beautiful red bridge that goes out to a island in the center of it.... every time Chasity & I got near the edges of this pond, I was convinced one of us was going in ... its just our style. We both ended up dry & pond-free! I told you it was a perfect day.
* My shoes when I got home...
* It takes time to upload wedding day photos, but I couldn't wait for a better time. Ricky was watching the UK game (GO CATS!!!) & I knew I wanted to see the pictures, so I started the upload... it took me 3.5 hours to get them all uploaded. That's a LOT of pictures. That's going to be a LOT of editing.
* I ended my night with a dinner of Raisinets at 12:30 am.... #nutrition
* Woke up & thought my legs & feet would be sore from standing 10 hours... nope - but my biceps were KILLING me. I couldn't figure out why, then remembered the Amazing Race leg that I had to do with my camera equipment. Which by the way, I had to carry back to the car. Chasity had helped me on that part, but after holding 2 cameras for 10 hours, my biceps said, "We're done"
* One of the students did the message in our youth class - he was AMAZING!!!! Granted, his father is the pastor of our church, so he gets his speaking skills legit - but mercy, this young man could be a pastor today. Heck, what am I saying - he WAS a pastor this day!
* I woke up early & after not getting into bed till 1 - I was dragggggging. I went to Starbucks & noticed their calorie counts on the menu now. Café Mocha? More calories then my whole breakfast. I couldn't make myself get one. I ended up with the Very Berry Hibiscus, which is only 100 calories for a Venti. Thanks Starbucks for ruining my caffeine go-to.
* We met up with friends to see "God's Not Dead"... awesome! It was so fun seeing it with them just because the song by the NewsBoys in it, it was a song that was a center theme played at the Jr. High conference, Believe, 2 years in a row... so me & Chasity were able to sit in the theater & do the hand moves with it. #dontcarehowoldIam
* I said this movie should also be called, "World Suckiest boyfriends & girlfriends" ...
* Got home about 7:30... I literally spent fewer hours awake in my home then any part of my whole weekend...
* Let the editing begin of wedding pictures! YAHOOO!!!!
So how was your weekend?
Did you have any "Amazing Race" moments?
Did you almost fall into a pond with a camera?