I haven't joined in with the awesome Hodgepodge gang in awhile
Let's see what Ms. Joyce has for us today...
1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way?
Absolutely... its why I love to do my runs outside & not on the treadmill :)
It's always why I literally sat in my drive way & cried real tears when I saw our neighbor cut down part of our trees that were on our property. (another story for another day)
When I see beautiful trees cut down to expand a highway or to build another building, I totally feel my heart break.
Don't be surprised if you ever see me on the news chaining myself to a tree to save it.
|A true tree hugger :)|
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth...which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
I'll go with "move heaven & earth"
.... I feel like that's what we're trying to do in everything we can to help Sydney keep fighting her battle. We buy what we can to make her comfortable, we change our house around to make her able to walk better, we change our schedule to make sure she's not alone too long or she can get her medicine.
I know if it meant she would have years ahead of her, Ricky would literally move heaven & earth... we love our girl
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple.
I photograph weddings :) ....haha!! What? I think every engaged couple should know that about me :)
|Shameless Plug :)|
Honestly, working with engaged couples as they prepare for their wedding, one thing I tell them over & over again is to not get so caught up in the production of the day. Enjoy the day. Enjoy your friends & family around you. Enjoy the wedding. Take it all in. Don't let wind or a dirty rim on your dress ruin the day for you.
& side advice? Don't have a large bridal party... it only causes problems...
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home improvement or repair? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided?
I try to engage the Hubs to get me a new faucet for my kitchen every day...
its been 12 years...
let's not talk about it
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between?
I engage in small talk every day... every where... with any one...
I'm honestly the person who talks to the drive thru cashier asking how they are.
I'm an expert at small talk. If there is silence anywhere, leave it to me to ask random questions & get conversation flowing... or at least trying to flow...
Believe me, you can ask the hubs to verify... there is never silence in my presence :)
6. What was the last historic place you visited?
I just ran through Churchill Downs in my last half marathon...
does that count?
|It may not be historical to everyone|
... but in Horse Country?...
7. The world would be a better place if we just___________________.
weren't so selfish...
everyone is always thinking ONLY of themselves.
if people would think of others first... wow...
... & not cut down any more trees & recycle ....
Yeah! Mother Nature Shout Out!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love autobiographies... & I'm really excited about Robin Robert's new book...
I think she's pretty incredible in her attitude on life...this is a must read on my list.
Anyone else love her? ... any other books I need to add to my list that are MUSTS?