Week 2 of half marathon training is in the books!!
& it was the first week in awhile that I got in six days of working out!
- a good little run on the treadmill - where I once again got in 30 minutes of straight running! I've giving credit to Friends
. It's been on during my runs after work. I never tire of Friends
. & all the mental power it gives me running.
- I'm holding weights in the picture because I was intending on upper body, but this was the day I had TWO crowns done on my face & I was in PAIN... so I didn't want to get the blood pumping too much so I ended up putting the weights down & doing a Pilates workout. My abs thanked me.
- Treadmill run & yes, I usually start off with a sweater on in the basement. But I don't know if it was the emotion from yesterday, much less the pain, because I wasn't feeling it one bit. I was dragging.... I mean DRAGGGINGGGG along. I ended up going back to intervals for this run.
- Beauty & the Beast - NO WORKOUT
- Total Body Fix to get in some full body work. Again, don't know if it was the effects of emotional wear & tear from dental work but I was struggling. & SORE! Oh my gosh, at the end, I was hurting pretty good.
- Run 3.15 on the treadmill. Again, the struggle was real. WAY too real! The only good thing about this one? I put on Netflix & started watching Making a Murder
... a good distraction for me.
- Yoga! I did it. Finally - stretched those muscles after a week of hard work. I needed it. & found that I'm getting more strength in doing the Sun Salutations. Maybe Yoga won't be such a pain in my butt in the future? ... far off future that is...
It was crazy because after my run on Saturday, I was stiff. Like, it hurt to sit down & stand back up. The back of my legs & my inner thighs were crying. & this was only my 5k run... This may be a tough go on building up the miles. That's OK - I'm up for a challenge.
The best part of last week? I hit my first goal I've been wanting to reach!!!
YES YES YES & YES!
Now its onto the final 25 lbs that I want to loose. I know I'm on the right track now, that's for sure!
So if you are familiar with the 21 Day fix,
the plan I've been doing, its all about containers & how much of each container you are allowed each day.
Well, my struggle always has been & continues to be, the green container... VEGGIES. Which may be weird to some since I'm a vegetarian, but I basically live on rice & beans ... carbs. I live on carbs.
So this week, I've been really trying to sneak them in when I can & this past week, I've been doing good by adding in 2 servings of veggie for my breakfast.
Adding in a HUGE handful of spinach & freshly chopped mushrooms...
It's been really easy - put on some olive oil & pile it in while I'm getting ready for work - that spinach pile cooks down to nothing... & then I'm ready to come in & put in 2 eggs (1 red container) & viola - a HUGE breakfast that keeps me full all the way till 1:00pm & I eat this at 6am ... protein is key in staying full. I've learned that.
Top with some hot sauce & its been the best breakfast that is helping me get those veggies down easily!
|1 yellow - 2 green - 1 red |
On a side note, I posted this picture the other day...
! I am so obsessed with Lemons lately.
When I was sick with this sinus thing, I got on a kick of drinking green tea with honey & lemon... & the lemon kick has been continuing. I am cutting up a lemon every day to put in tea & especially in water...
So here's just some reasons why its a good habit to have...
Some Benefits of Lemon in Water
1. Rich source of Vitamin C
which helps protect the body's immune system.
2. It balanced to maintain the pH levels
in your body.
3. Drinking early in the morning helps flush out toxins
4. Aids digestion
& encourages production of bile.
5. Helps reduce pain & inflammation
in joints & knees as it dissolves uric acid.
6. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain & nerve cells
7. Helps strengthen the liver
by providing energy to the liver enzymes
8. Helps the skin
to prevent formation of wrinkles & acne.
9. Help maintain the health of the eyes
& helps fight against eye problems.
10. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts
especially after a strenuous workout session
You can read so many more benefits of what lemons can do... & I don't think any of it is bad... so why not pick up a bag & start squeezing away.
So now, we're heading into week 3 of training ... & I'm just looking forward to my long run of 4 miles this weekend because its supposed to be in the 50's...
I get to do it outside! Can't wait!!!
Have a healthy week everyone!
Do you like lemons?
How do you get in veggies in your diet?
Ever feel like life just drains your energy?