10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile! I'll shout an AMEN to that! But I do know quite a few number of people who don't care for chocolate or even sweets that much. What's wrong with these people?
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. WOW - there's a whole lesson in just that sentence - isn't there? You can't change the past anyways, can you? So it is a sad thing to let it ruin your present or even your future.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry. I think its so funny how people try to hide emotions that they go through. What's wrong with letting people, especially your children, know how you are feeling? I feel like it only makes your child feel more free to tell the parent their emotions then too!
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. I've had this conversation with friends alot. You may see people around you that seems like their life is all put together & are living story book lives - but you have to remember, there is something going on in their lives, even if we don't see it - & it may be something that we would NEVER want to deal with. Something we would never trade our life for that perfect, story book life. Remember that next time you see that "perfect family" or "perfect person" - no one gets through life without struggles!
14. If a relationship has to be a secret - you shouldn't be in it! Simple statement that holds tons of truth!
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry - God never blinks! I love this because it's so comforting. I think of my friend Erica & how her step father just passed away one day just working - just an ordinary day & then in a blink of an eye - he was gone! Or ever sat at a stop light & see an accident happen? Just in a blink, those people's lives are changed - it doesn't take much or alot of time to throw your life in a whole different direction. But God is the steady point in everything because He is the same yesterday, today & tomorrow! What a thing to lean on when your life does get thrown for a loop in those split second events!
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind. ....sometimes, doesn't it feel like you're going to hyper-ventilate from too many deep breaths? At least if your pass out - your mind will be calm - right?
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful! Another way to look at it - anything that brings you down or doesn't give you joy in your life - get rid of it!
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger! I have heard this all my life & still believe it - especially in moments of Jazzercise when I feel like I can't do another butt squat! Maybe not the way it should be taken - but it works in that situation too!
Post a Comment
I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**