Joining Joyce today for her lovely link up
1. Do you (or did you used to) watch talk shows? Which are or were your favorite?
I can remember growing up & my grandmother had to be home to watch Phil Donahue. Remember those days? Phil & Sally Jesse Raphael - my go to muse for glasses inspiration.
I also remember on summer breaks, I would stay up late & watch David Letterman with my mom. I can remember laughing till I had tears. Stupid Human Tricks... was there anything better?
I did love me some Oprah back in the day too... but I just dont really watch too much talk show TV any more. I'll catch some clips here & there - but its not like the days of yore... or a few years (decades) ago.
2. Would you describe yourself as resilient? If so what do you think makes you that way? If you answered no explain why?
I think we all are resilient if we're still making it through a day. Do I FEEL resilient - not on most days. I'm a big baby who wears my heart on my sleeve so most days, I feel like I take a beating... but I get through each day - so resilience is just the end result for everyone. Deep thought of the day.
3. What parts of life have surprised you the most? Explain.
2 things instantly came to mind....
1. How selfish people are in this world. Humans are their own worst enemy.
2. How fast it goes by. I can remember my grandmother telling me when I was young that the older you get, the faster it goes. Boy oh boy - she wasn't lying. I just see a toilet paper roll... the PERFECT description of life. Those last parts of the roll dont have as big of a turn before its back at the start... it really is crazy.
4. Why do you live where you live?
I lived in Louisville my whole life - & got married & moved just 5 miles away from where I grew up / my childhood home. Hubby wanted to get out of the city - out of Louisville & get to the country & I wasn't all about that idea. He drove me to so many homes to check out & I just felt like we were driving for HOURS to get to these places.
He took me to a home where 5 dogs came running up the drive when we pulled in. I was hooked. LOL. Seriously - all it took. I mean, I loved the house too... But its so funny how those first few months felt like the drive out to my house was forever long. Now, I'm so glad its away from the city & now that my family is all out in the same are, it worked out even better. Wouldnt want to be anywhere else.
5. A memory from this week that made you smile?
Hubby found an old picture of us this weekend from when we were first dating. (I dont have a pic or I'd post it - I have a STORY up on IG or FB where you can see it though - hurry, you got less than 24 hours - LOL) ... but we look like BABIES. I said, "Can you believe that was 29 years ago?" ... Hubby didnt believe me. He said its not 29 - its 26. To which we had to have a math class saying that yes, we're celebrating our 26th anniversary next week - but we were dating 3 years before that. Hubby's jaw dropped & he gave a big "Whoooaaa"... tell me about it. ... remember when I just talked about time going so fast. Yep. Exhibit A right here.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Got my first Hello Fresh box & so far, I'm excited. Hubby enjoyed the first meal I made - which is a big accomplishment. I'm finding I need to read the recipe before to be prepared. I may even prep the food the night before because the one thing I dont like about cooking is all the chopping & dicing & all the pots & pans that are involved. When I got done with the first dinner, my kitchen was trashed. I think if I were more organized, it would be a better experience.
I've already looked at next week's menu & I'm super excited. Let's see how this goes.