Oh - get ready, because this is a photo heavy post... that's what weekends with the grandbabies do to me... & this isnt even my CAMERA photos - just off the phone! More photos are to come. Especially one of the cutest pictures I've ever taken of the boys together :) (how's that for a tease?)
* In my co-op basket - I've been LOVING the yellow squash. Been getting that, sweet onions & potatoes... & am addicted to making them all together. Olive oil & this little goodie right there... homemade bourbon red pepper flakes. Its made by a family in Kentucky that comes to the farmer's market. It makes ANYTHING taste good.
* We got 2 more dogs added to our house... my sister in law brought over her dogs for the week while my brother's family went on vacation... so there is a total of 6 dogs in my house right now. As you can imagine - its hard to get 6 dogs together for a picture.
* What do we do when we have 6 dogs at our house? GET OUT OF TOWN! :) ... joking.. not really... but kinda. We headed to Nashville. We were supposed to go last weekend but it didnt work out, so we HAD to go this time. There was a little boy waiting for his Pappy
* Thank GOD for my parents, who came & stayed at my house to take care of the 6 dogs. I'd be afraid of what my house woulda looked like otherwise.
* We're in the door & Ricky had some Ironman goodies for our boys... he knows what they like... it was a toy-fest of boy proportions...
|(Can you please open these boxes faster Pappy?)|
* The heat was miserable... I ended up taking a nap on the couch, while Luke took a nap in his room (with his Ironman) & Ricky & Isaac sat on the couch watching "The Avengers" cartoons on his phone.
* Isaac tried to tell me some things about Ironman that I thought for sure he had wrong & he was talking about Spiderman... I was wrong.. I just got comic-schooled by a 4 yr old
* Yep - it was MISERABLE in Nashville... that says 108.8 degrees... (the next day, it said 110)
* We went out for dinner at the neatest little place called "The Pharmacy". Bad thing? It was CROWDED.. but we ended up sitting outside on the patio. & yes, it was 107 at that time. We were under fans. It was warm, but the food made up for it. I had a "Falafael Burger"... I just like saying it... it was chickpeas, with goat cheese. DELISH!!!! Julie had a black bean burger... & they also make old-fashioned drinks & malts. We shared a Cream Soda & a Dreamscicle drink... Heaven in a glass.
|(Isaac was OUT.. until Julie put the Creme Soda straw to his lips... INSTANT WAKE UP)|
* With all the talk of superheroes - we discovered that Nanny's super power is SUPER KISSES!!!!!! ... the boys would try to knock me out with Ironman's lasers, but my SUPER KISSES CONQUER ALL!!!! :) (I want my own action figure... & a killer costume)
* Got to pick out more toys... the choices? Luke went with Spiderman this time around... Isaac? Yet another Ironman.
* I was trying to convince Isaac I looked like Belle... he wasnt buying it. But he did ask, in the SWEETEST voice ever, he wanted to watch Beauty & the Beast. He knows how to get to his Nanny's heart.
* Julie made us some amazing pumpkin pancakes... girl can COOK! I could wake up to that every morning.
* While we're getting ready, Luke was playing with his own iPhone. Its an old one but they charge it & let him play games on it. This kid is 2 yrs old... & maneveurs around on that thing like nothing... I couldnt even get the games he was playing... kids today
* Had to give attention to our first "grandson" ...
* We headed to the Opry Mall... right next to the Grand Ole Opry.. my new favorite place to shop.
* Time to go to the movies... BRAVE!!!!! (so good.. .I cried) ... I tried to convince Isaac that all that red hair, surely THIS girl looks like Nanny? He said, "No... it looks like Pappy" .... haha!!!!
* We thought Luke would konk out... nope - both the boys loved the movie. Isaac got a little freaked out by the 'bad bear' but even I had my hands on my face, anxious at times.
* Time to head home... one little boy was not too happy. Isaac doesnt really realize that we're only 3 hrs away now - instead of 15... he was tired too from a long day, so we got a pouty face when we left.
* On the road again...& saw a sign at a farm that said, "For sale: Used Cows" ... what does that even mean?
* Open the doors to 6 happy dogs... now THATS a welcome home
* IT RAINED!!!!!!!! ... not much - more grey skies & lightning then anything... but it rained for a few minutes... it still exists!!!!
So it was a busy hectic weekend - lots of miles on the road - lots of cute faces to kiss... now onto a new week! Let's hope its a good one!!!