* I guess if you're gonna be sick, a weekend is a good time to do it.
* I picked up some Alka-Seltzer cold medicine. Drank it Friday night... & BAM ... I was out like a light. Only the next day did I notice that it wasn't the 'non-drowsy' formula. Good to know I have this around if I ever need to go into an induced coma.
|Pretty... fizzy... coma-inducing|
* Ricky had to work on Saturday so I literally stayed in bed until he got home - about 1:00... I don't even remember the last time I did that.
* I spent a good part of the morning watching Netflix just like this with Harvey. He is the snuggliest dog.
* Watched "The Price of Gold" about Tonya Harding & Nancy Kerrigan. It was very interesting, & kinda sad on many levels. What a wasted talent Tonya Harding had. But I will say, its not cool how she was treated only because she wasn't the 'Ice Princess' that ice skating wanted. The videos of her as a 6 yr old skating was amazing. She said as a young teen that her name would be known for ice skating... if she only knew.
* It was perfection outside - 65 & sunny... & I needed to run 6 miles... but my butt never got out of the chair on the back porch. I take that back, I did get up to get more Kleenex & Advil Cold & Sinus medicine. I can't tell you how much that tore at me not to be able to take advantage of a gorgeous day.
* Got to make a knock in my book "Gone Girl" while sick... I actually needed some time to read. Haven't' done that in a while either.
* While sick, nothing else to do but work on more puzzles. Jungle Book was the next one on the list....
* The little stories behind the Olympic athletes are always so good & one of the best parts of the Olympics to me. I had no idea about the Russian Hockey team that all died in a plane crash.
* On alert!! We thought Grand Baby #3 was going to come on Saturday... but nope, false alarm. He's still going right along. Julie is only about 3 weeks for her due date! No one can believe she's made it this far this time around. So exciting!!!
* Poor Sydney had a hard night Saturday... I hate this part of being a fur-mom.
* Didn't make it to big church because I still felt awful Sunday morning & it took me awhile to get going... I was so bummed too. Our friend was preaching & I just keep hearing what a fantastic job he did... he always does. Hate to miss out on great stuff like that.
* I did make it to youth - after all, that's where I get all my germs from - (fyi - I didn't have a fever. I would never get any of the kids sick. I just felt stuffy.) After that was over, I was done for the day... we were supposed to go to our own small group but I couldn't handle it. What a wash out of a weekend.
* We did head down to the drug store to get me some things to do a nasal wash a friend recommended... & while I was out, I had to do a trip to Starbucks. I considered it medicine. The warmth felt fantastic on my throat & ears.
* Appreciated all the texts & messages checking on how I was feeling & all the well wishes...
* Came home & THIS happened.... yeah, the day after sunny & 65 degrees...
* Started on yet another puzzle. This time around - Peter Pan. I have turned into a puzzle-holic.
* Downton Abby finale. I will say, I'm glad we made it through the year without any deaths. & actually loved the finale. A ball, the Prince of Wales, Mary protecting Mr. Bates... & come on. Ms. Hughes & Carson? That just made me go "aaahhhh" at the end. Now how long do we have to wait to the next season?
So here we go into another week.... I'm still fighting ear aches & some congestion, but hoping I'm on the back side. I can't handle much more of this stuff....