1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I'm not good in front of the camera... much better behind it. But I do appreciate the importance of getting in front of it for memories sake. I post all my pictures on Instagram... am an Instagram-holic ... Working in photography, a place where you see people's lives via pictures makes my snap happy heart smile.
I actually took a selfie last night... why? Because I just got my hair done. Its always the good time to get a selfie. The ONLY time my hair is that straight.
|Took this right before I ran on the treadmill...|
Straight no more....Sweat took it over
Why I had to document it while it was straight
2. Will you send out Christmas Cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
We wont... we quit sending them out a few years ago. I quit for a few reasons - 1. everyone usually sends the cute ones with pictures of their family. My husband refuses to take pictures with me for a card... so it would be weird if I just sent a picture of me in front of a tree.
Side note... I should TOTALLY do that one year. Take a picture of me in front of the tree with the dogs holding a picture of Ricky... BEST CARD EVER!
Also - Postage... who can afford it now? I'm one of those people that if I send one card, I don't want to offend the person who they may know who didn't get a card so I'm sending out 500 cards... x $3.90 each for postage... is that what postage is now?... it's expensive
Saying all that... I LOVE LOVE LOVE when I get a Christmas card. Send me one. Make my day better.
3. Do you trust easily?
Do you want me to trust easily? Ok, I will ;)
The answer - yes.
Ricky gets on me all the time about it actually. I trust him when he says I shouldn't...
I will say - I would never trust anyone this much to do a trust fall... just for this reason
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
I'm changing in my old age. I have always been a vanilla fan... the smell of sugar baking? How can you not go wrong?
But lately, I've really liked the pine smells. The smell of outside. Christmas trees.
But I also end up choosing cinnamon through Fall & Winter... apple pie smell. Yes! I must really love the smell of food.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or by necessity?
I was at the beauty salon last night getting my hair done... so equal amounts of talking & listening... its like Cheers ... where everyone knows your name.
Its the weird things in life you talk about at a hair salon
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
I hate this song & don't know why it was stuck in my head... but Lady Gaga's "Applause" ... & I don't even know the song, just the chorus... so it was on repeat of "Applause applause applause" ... talk about mental torture.
This was how I looked when I couldn't stop singing it in my mind
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
Come on... we all know I don't travel well...
I just got motion sickness thinking of all the traveling
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Its almost 70 degrees today... & the bottom is falling out tomorrow.
Snow on Friday... Freezing over the weekend... Ice on Sunday... High in the 20's next week... I'm not happy...
... & I hate when my tail is froze