Shopping, shopping, shopping...
December is the month that makes me hate shopping.
Plus, we were busy with some other things happening
* I had friends come over so I could snap quick pictures for them for a Christmas card. Fastest session ever. Literally took 5 minutes & got 5 perfect pictures :) that's what I'm talking about.
* Everything that isn't bolted to the ground in my house is wrapped. When I get in wrapping mode, I'll wrap everything that could possibly make a gift.
* Bruno got a hair cut... without taking a part of his ear off this time! Success! The groomer said, "He's a little stubborn, isn't he?" ... why I call him my grumpy old man.
|Doesn't it look like he has a handlebar moustache?|
* Ricky had to work on Saturday so I spent the morning cleaning... its my Saturday Ricky Work day tradition
* someone was glad to have him home though...
|Ignore the fish on the couch... |
that was our Youth White Elephant gift we took :)
* The Youth Christmas Party was Saturday night. You ain't experienced nothing till you experienced being in a room full of middle school kids that have ate a lot of sugar. Woooowwwww... I wish I could bottle up that energy.
* I loved the message at church on Sunday. About the important things in life... & its not Power, Position & Prestige... good stuff.
* We took a game of musical chairs in youth & turned it into the BEST.GAME.EVER! My voice was scratchy from yelling & laughing about it. I love youth ministry.
* Soooooo Ricky ruined his Christmas surprises... which is sort of a tradition for us. We always tell each other, "DONT buy anything for yourself from Thanksgiving till Christmas" but somehow one or the other of us does & its usually what the other has already bought. Well, Ricky was on a roll because Sunday after he looked through the ads, he found 2 things he wanted to go get.. that I already bought for him. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I had to tell him I already had them, nicely wrapped & ready to go.... It was a nightmare that turned into a blessing. I ended up finding one of the items for MUCH cheaper & ended up getting a BETTER item for a price I'd rather pay... so it all turned out OK in the end... except now, Ricky has no surprises. Maybe I'll just kick him in the shins Christmas morning for a surprise.
* I hate when channels have on finales on the same night. I haven't watched Once Upon a Time because I had to watch the Survivor finale (GO TYSON!!!!... I cheered for him all year long) but I did watch Revenge. Goodness gracious. That was an intense last half hour.
Now back to work... going to be a busy one. Lots to do... at least its going to be a warm up here! Much needed in my opinion. Hope you're weekend was wonderful!