* Stopped to pick up my new glasses... HOLD UP... they are horrible. I told them I wanted my eyes rechecked because they gave me a prescription for distance. I have no problems with distance - only seeing things close up... I didn't get it. So I walked out still not able to see close up & another appointment for Sunday
* This picture perfectly describes Friday now... Starbucks being in the grocery & the grocery is where I stop on my way home every Friday... it all equals a Peach Green Tea Lemonade... again...
|Have you not tried it yet?... What is wrong with you?|
* OH MY GOSH... this weather is INSANE!! Its beautiful!
* Went to sit outside & read my Kindle.. .but I was ate up with bugs - so went into our enclosed back porch... only to find it swarmed with spiders... I was on a mission to clean out all the Charlottes & her babies.
* Got caught up in "Comedians in cars getting coffee" with Jerry Seinfeld. Funny stuff! I love Sarah Silverman so she is my favorite coffee date on there :)
* Can we walk again how beautiful the day is?
|Just learned my phone could do this... that's all pictures of Buffy running after a ball :) |
* OK - so I thought I was happy about a night race. I take it back.. I take it all back... it was so weird all day long trying to figure out what/how to eat for a late race. & leaving the house at 8:30PM for a race? Totally messed me up. I'm old - so 8:30pm is usually when I'm taking a shower & popping in a movie to relax for the night. It was just weird
* GLOW GO 5K ... Ricky was a good sport about wearing all his Glow-Goodies
|Now if they made THESE into bifocals - that'd be cool :)|
* It was a perfect night for this race. We were anxious about registering for it 3 months ago thinking it was going to be horrible & hot in July... who knew that it would be COOL down by the river... perfect running weather!
* Love when I see my running buddies that I meet through races... always makes races better
* The race, while fun... I will say it was the most disorganized race I've been to yet. It was fun - don't get me wrong - I think because the race itself was full of families & young kids ... but the paths weren't marked clearly (It was dark after all) & then some areas were SO FREAKING DARK... I was afraid to run fast (like I run fast).... but I was afraid I was going to trip. You couldn't see the path in front of you at all... that had to be dangerous! My friend later told me she tripped in that area.
|Told you it was dark....|
* Another sign I'm getting old? This 5k had a party afterwards - people could actually pay to just get into the party without running the race. It was a PARTY CROWD... & that was our sign to get out of there. Beer smells everywhere - ladies dancing on stage that had on very minimal clothing - people getting a tad crazy... yep, get me home to my comfy bed & go to sleep. No Party People here.
* AGAIN? Yep... thank you Lord - another beautiful day
|Went out to get the morning paper... this girl was like, "I want to enjoy the weather too" - so she plopped her butt down in the front yard & refused to move :)|
* Church... I took my part of the youth group & had our small group outside... & the kids actually said in the shade, "Its COLD"... what? Its JULY people! ... But I gave them 5 minutes to play on the swing set. I always say, "you're never too old to love a swing set"
* Back to the eye doctor... & they pretty much told me I just need to get used to them & see if my eyes adjust to no line progressive bifocals. I have a feeling I'm just going to be go back & turn them back to reading glasses. Not worth all this headache.... literally...
* We had lunch sitting outside - sucking up the beautiful afternoon
* Weekly Target trip... I think we saw like 10 people we knew in there... thank God I had on makeup. Usually when I see people like that, I have on yoga pants & no make up & greasy hair.
* Engagement session!!! If you haven't got the common theme here - it was a perfect night for it... & this couple - so dang cute!!!! I thought they were like 18 yrs old... nope, they were both in their mid-20's - but such adorable baby faces. & I loved it because they both had tattoos on them. Her's were this beautiful BLUE.. I told her my mom would probably actually get that tattoo.
* Worst part of the session? I got stung on my big toe by a wasp... I was in such pain... but kept pushing through like nothing was wrong... inside, I was crying like a 2 yr old
* Ricky met us up there to see if we were still taking pictures right at the end of the session... we ended up talking with Chasity until almost 10:00pm.... no one can't say we didn't stay outside every minute we could this weekend :)
So back at it... with me in these wonky glasses.... I have no patience. I'm giving them one week. If no improvement at all? I'm headed back to get reading glasses. Case closed. Happy Monday everyone!