Somber cancels out any enjoyment of a relaxed weekend.
This past week, Ricky lost his best buddy. The guy that became his friend when they were just 6 years old. So for 50 years, as Ricky said, he's spoken with this guy, spent time with this guy, stayed in touch & contact through all the years... for 50 years. Ernie.
& this past June, Ernie was diagnosed out of the blue with Pulmonary Fibrosis. We googled it when we heard the diagnosis & we were terrified for Ernie. But the fight was on for a lung transplant.... that never was able to happen.
To say that how fast this all moved is shocking is an understatement.
& its just left my poor Ricky heart broken... as you can imagine.
It's like he said, "How do I do life without talking to my friend?"....
50 years together... its so crazy to think...
So if you dont mind, lift a comforting prayer for Ricky & of course, all of Ernie's family. He has 10 children & 2 sister & 4 brothers.... I cant imagine what they are all going through.
(Ricky & Ernie skating together)
The funeral will be Saturday.... so hard days still lay ahead.
In light of all that, I'm just going to do a random weekend update... everything is scattered in my brain anyways lately. So here we go.....
* I swear, I can never get out of the grocery under $120. Ever.
* Ricky had to work on Saturday, which I was hoping meant I could sleep in.... & was up at 6:00am with him while he was getting ready & couldnt get back to sleep. What to do? Cue the Stranger Thing 2 marathon.
* I honestly think Stranger Things 2 is way better than the first season!
* When I finally crawled out of bed after the Stranger Things 2 marathon, I started my day with knitting & coffee enjoying the warmer air. It was a much needed break to just slow down for an hour.
* Is it me or does pizza just taste better on the weekend?
* I had to take advantage of the warmer weather & get in a walk. The scenery was PERFECTION.
* So I have ran 9 half marathons & I've let myself go so bad that walking 3 miles, I thought I was going to die. No joke, I was so sore. I think that's the saddest thing I can say about my body right now.
* When someone talks about seeing your wedding pictures from our anniversary post, & they go on & on... & on... & ONNNNNN & ONNNNNNNNNN & ON about how young you looked - OK - I get it, I look a lot older now. Geez. & OUCH.
* I hate the time change. HATE IT. WORST TIME OF YEAR. Dark at 5:30? Just punch me in the face every day until February or March please.
* Harvey Dent caught another mole. He's on a roll. & once again, my sweet husband to make me happy, drove it down the road to release it. It was a FATTTTT sucker. Harvey hunted for it for an hour after Ricky took it down the road. He just wanted his friend back. (He really does just play with them & is gentle with them.... so cute)
|Look how fat that thing is!!!!|
* Target has a Christmas ornament that I feel like I just need in general. Ricky even said, "You can hang it off your rear view mirror"... I like this thinking.
* With the loss of Ernie & all the reminders how short life can be, I didnt find it one bit shocking when the message at church was about how our life is a mist & we need to invest in the eternal. I just shook my head at God - love those perfect messages at the perfect time.
* Poor Harvey could tell his daddy was sad.... & just wanted to love on him all weekend. #peencha
I know this is blurry, but look how he's looking at Ricky... oh my heart.
So how was your weekend?
Did you get one last dose of warm air?
How are you handling the Daylight Savings change?