“We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
This week I am Thankful For:
* My laptop & Photoshop Program.... it makes me happy to work on pictures.
* Free Starbucks Drinks! I almost missed out because my free reward was going to expire & I had totally forgotten about it. Got it in right under the wire. I think I'm almost due for another free one!
* A new crochet project I'm working on is starting to look like I wanted. I'm not a normal crochet-er so this is exciting to me to do a project involving a new needle.
* Beautiful temperatures. I've been able to get out every day at lunch & just enjoy fresh air instead of stuffy office air.
* Seeing family on a happier occasion. Last time I saw some of my family, it was at my brother in law's funeral. This weekend, I got to see them while celebrating a precious little girl.
* Our new security system. We can now access everything by phone which makes it so nice to not have to run inside & turn off the alarm while carrying a dozen grocery bags. I love technology.
* Places that offer good vegetarian options. You'd be surprised at how many places have meat in EVERYTHING! ... I can't even imagine how hard it is to eat vegan in places. Vegetarian is tricky enough.
* Free Books. I love being involved in book programs where they send me books to read & review. I was even more excited when one of the books was the new one from the Blogilates chic, Cassey Ho... I love her videos & her attitude on life. Was so excited to get this book to review.
* My mouth guard. A weird thing to be thankful for, huh? But I fell asleep the other night without it & mercy! My teeth & jaw was aching so bad the next day. I now know I will be in pain without it. Thankful that this little gadget exists for people like me... apparently I'm an angry person in my dreams. GRRRR!!!!
* My little boy, Bruno. This dog is totally my dog. All the others tend to drift more to Ricky... Bruno knows he's a momma's boy.
(Here's the full video - only 40 seconds - but longer then the 10 second clip I posted on FB)
* My tulips blooming. I always look so forward to seeing them every year. I love plants & flowers that come back every year without me even having to do anything.
* For everyone who has linked up with me on this. I know its small, but I appreciate that every week, I've never been alone in this idea.
What are you Thankful For this week?
Want to link up yourself? No rules - just do a post on what you're thankful for & would love a mention to this link up... that's it... & would love if you went to visit someone else & see how they are being blessed.
Bruno is adorable and it was fun hearing your voice. :)ReplyDelete
The warmer weather and tulips have definitely been making me happy, too :) Spring has sprung!ReplyDelete
Bruno is stink'in cute!!!ReplyDelete
Who doesn't love free drinks?! Funny that you'll accept your free strabucks but not subway lol! xo, Biana - BlovedBostonReplyDelete
I love tulips one of my favorite flowers. Free drinks are always good to have. Thanks for having the link up. It's nice to take time out to be thankful for the things in your life. Have a great evening.ReplyDelete
Bruno is so funny!!! and I'm with Blovedboston...why will you accept free at starbuck but not subway? :)ReplyDelete
Sorry I haven't been linking up lately...so much going on and no brain cells to develop a post. :/
Awww, Bruno! I love how he cocks his head from one side to the next as you talk to him. Sweet boy.ReplyDelete
What kind of computer do you use? I'm looking for a new one and mainly need it to be able to handle the large picture files from my camera.ReplyDelete
Also, share you secrets on how to get free drinks from Starbucks!
Maybe one day, I'll have time to keep up with my blog and actually be able to join you for a Thankful Thursday post. I do love reading them!