The turn of a calendar... its always exciting!
The idea of new beginnings & new starts.
& then life slaps you against the face & reminds you that nothing really changes with a flip of a page.
Life just continues on in its up & down ways.
The beauty of living.
Saying all that - here's the ups & downs of the first month of 2017!!!
It's been a doozy
1. After a VERY late New Years Eve, I woke up at 10:30am & stayed in PJ's all day long with a movie marathon kinda day.
2. Headed to the grocery store to load up on some healthy food & get rid of all the sugar & junk in the house.
3. First day back at work & on schedule had me in bed by 8:30, but after getting my hair done, I at least went to bed early with great hair.
4. Went to get my oil changed & found out a critter had apparently made his home in my air filter for awhile.
5. Our first snow day of the year... & winter season.
6. The cold is ridiculous.
7. Made it to Nashville for our final Christmas of the year & got to celebrate Luke's birthday a day early
8. Left Nashville before the sun rose to make it back to MSM to kick off the year.
9. Kicked off my training for my 8th Half Marathon.
10. Hanging on with winds up gusting up to 45mph all day long.
11. Had to have the cable company come out & do some repairs.
12. We had a youth leader meeting to go to but after getting home & working out, I just couldn't make myself travel back out for another 30 minute drive away & just called it an early night.
13. Finally got my Christmas stuff all tucked away & the house kinda looking back to normal.
14. Fell in love with The Crown.
15. Baptism Sunday at church is always just so emotional & beautiful.
16. Realizing there's just not enough hours in a work night to get everything done.
17. Ricky locked his keys in his car so took Bruno with me to drive a key down & then let him travel in the Pet Store for a special treat.
18. Had a piece of a cashew stuck up in my gums & thought I was going to have to do an emergency dentist appointment with the pain but after a dozen tooth picks & some salt water rinses, it all worked out ok.
19. Going on Day 11 with no sunshine... but whose counting?
20. Glued to the TV all day watching the inauguration even though I didnt think I would watch a second of it.
21. Loved I was able to get outside & enjoy the warm weather for a long run.
22. Our JOY group finally finished the book we have been reading for what seemed forever!!! #butilovedeveryminuteofit
23. Pretty sure my insides hated me when the stomach bug hit me full force.
24. Stayed in bed the entire day.
25. Tried to make it to work but came home after being there for nearly 2 minutes.
26. Made it through work & came right home & put on PJ's & got back in bed.
27. Skipped my regular Friday grocery trip since I didnt eat anything at all during the week so the kitchen has stayed stocked fairly well. #needmoresaltines
28. Knitting & TV are the themes of the day.
29. Happy to go to MSM & see all my girls as we get ready to head to Believe next weekend.
30. Monday #thatsaysitall
31. Pretty sure Monday got the stomach bug & threw up all over Tuesday because it was a Monday to its core.
& now we're off... into the 2nd month of the year.
Strap in... I'm sure its going to be another fun ride.