I can remember going on a field trip in kindergarten & they took us to a McDonalds. I guess a small building is good enough for kids that are the age of 4 or 5. The best part is always the bus ride & the lunch away from school anyways.
But I can remember they thought it was 'cool' to take all the kids & put us in the walk in freezer & shut the door so we could see how cold it was.
They shut the door on us & I freaked.the.heck.out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, screaming & yelling to get me out of there.
|Yeah... something like this|
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
I'm tired of seeing NO RESPONSE from Steven Curtis Chapman on Twitter to me :)
I tag him all the time in tweets with fingers crossed for some sort of reaction, response, shout out...
If he thinks that will shake me away, he's not another thing coming.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
I'm sorry... I can't pick any of these. Why? Because the only thing stuck in my mind now is Poison's "Every Rose has its thorn"... 80's hair band music wins over everything.
|Look kids... this is when MTV actually played music videos!|
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
Golly... let me think. Being a vegetarian, its just easier to make veggies in/on the oven. We actually haven't even fired a grill up in over 2 years.
Though I do love a good corn on the cob from the grill.... the last one I had was at the state fair 2 years ago.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Depends... if I'm in the middle of the woods in the dark - I ain't gonna lie - I'd be a little afraid. Coyotes are around these parts. (Have to make myself sound country when I'm talkin' 'bout Ky-yotes) :)
In my house in the dark? Nah... because we have motion detectors everywhere :)
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
My 80's side is coming out all over the Hodgepodge today... the first thing that comes to mind is 867-5309 / Jenny
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
Well - let's see....What irritates me? .... people who don't listen. Cruelty. Stupidity. People who don't have to worry about their weight & STILL never gain weight. People who think they are better then others. Not putting things back in its place.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is National Running Day!!!
& its appropriate that I'm thinking about starting a new training plan to run a Fall Half Marathon - potentially TWO half marathons. I want to do one in Nashville in September & one in Louisville in October. Can't decide which one to do - so seriously considering doing BOTH. Am I nuts? Or is the power of National Running Day just sinking in? .... We'll see where I'll end up..