Looking up the definition of Focus - there are some of the entries:
- A condition in which something can be clearly apprehended or perceived
- To concentrate attention or energy
- to adjust one's eyes or an instrument on an object so that its image is clear
- Its not about loosing weight - its focusing on getting healthier
- Its not about bills & finances - its about focusing on all the blessings God provides
- Its not about how I feel about regrets - its focusing on what the Bible promises on forgiveness
- Its not about what people say about you - its focusing on who I know I am
- Its not about failures - its about focusing on successes that are to come
- Its not about a "What can I do for ME" attitude - its focusing on "What can I do for others"
- Its not about people that are against me - its focusing on Who is on my side (Romans 8:31)
So many things in my life, & probably a lot of lives, need to be refocused... putting our direction & thoughts & hearts into something other than the stupid stuff of life. How much time, energy & parts of ourselves do we hand over to stuff that really leads to nothing - nothing that holds focus at all.
So today - I'm FOCUSING on my God... that's it!!! And that should cover it all!!!! What area of your life needs to be "Re-focused"?
"He must become greater - I must become less" -John 3:30