Looking up the definition of Focus - there are some of the entries:
- A condition in which something can be clearly apprehended or perceived
- To concentrate attention or energy
- to adjust one's eyes or an instrument on an object so that its image is clear
- Its not about loosing weight - its focusing on getting healthier
- Its not about bills & finances - its about focusing on all the blessings God provides
- Its not about how I feel about regrets - its focusing on what the Bible promises on forgiveness
- Its not about what people say about you - its focusing on who I know I am
- Its not about failures - its about focusing on successes that are to come
- Its not about a "What can I do for ME" attitude - its focusing on "What can I do for others"
- Its not about people that are against me - its focusing on Who is on my side (Romans 8:31)
So many things in my life, & probably a lot of lives, need to be refocused... putting our direction & thoughts & hearts into something other than the stupid stuff of life. How much time, energy & parts of ourselves do we hand over to stuff that really leads to nothing - nothing that holds focus at all.
So today - I'm FOCUSING on my God... that's it!!! And that should cover it all!!!! What area of your life needs to be "Re-focused"?
"He must become greater - I must become less" -John 3:30
Good post... and yeah... I think we ALL need to hear that! FOCUS... that is exactly what I need as well... thanks for the word my sister friend!ReplyDelete
It's so easy to FOCUS on ourselves isn't it? I agree with you wholeheartedly! I need to focus more on the LORD and His grace, direction for my life and His love. It's a daily thing too.. not just a one time deal, but a daily refocus on what His priorities are. Good post indeed girlfriend!ReplyDelete
FOCUS is a great word, I love it! I picked CHOOSE as my word for the year :)Hope you are having a good day!ReplyDelete
Love this post and as usual I feel like it was written just for me. Have you been to my blog on bitterness today? Either way, I thank you for reminding me to focus. I know I'm blessed with so much so how do the negatives creep in and cause bitterness? Or in my case last night, how do they overwhelm so quickly when they are kept in check for so long? Thank for the scripture! I think I'll be writing it on my forehead today.ReplyDelete
Now that is a good word to focus on ~~ yep Focus, I could definitely use more focus, that's one I will keep working on for sure.ReplyDelete
I just thought I'd let you know that my cousins who are adopting from China left today to get their 13 year old son. So exciting!!
Love you friend, Dawn
Thanks Rebecca for helping me to remember where my focus must always be!!ReplyDelete
Great post and a reminder to take the focus off of me and my whininess and on Him.ReplyDelete
That's a good one! I can't think of one thing in my life that doesn't need re-focusing.ReplyDelete
That is so great! I too need some FOCUS! I need to focus on the small things in my life that need attention - the small things add up to the big things. Sounds weird, but I tend to ignore the small things.ReplyDelete
GREAT blog. :)
Great post! I know of a few who should read this! This is what starting a new year is really about!ReplyDelete
what a GREAT choice!ReplyDelete