1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!)
& I'm the person that once I've been somewhere, I'm good - I can make it back there no problem. Heck, even when we go out of state, I've been good at remembering places & turns. It actually drives me crazy that the hubs cant even remember the back roads to get home even when we've lived there 15 years.
The last time I used a map?.... I think on our honeymoon when we went to Gatlinburg & got on some back roads. Hello 1995 - well before cell phones. I always liked following big paper maps though, keeping my eye out for the next destination sign that would be on the map. It was like mini road goals.
2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.
I am a talker by nature... but I really do think I do more listening than talking on any given day. I know the Hubs would probably laugh at that... but its true.
& my yesterday in one word:.... gloomy.....
3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
I'm pretty good at wasting money. I've been trying to get a better grip on it but I'm someone that sees something & wants it & hello - Amazon is just a click away. & really, do I TRULY need most of the things I get? Nah... I'm starting to be really aware of how much money is spent on things that just sit & are useless, taking up space & dust.
4. Did your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.
Our family were big Gatlinburg people. We loved going down to see the trees change in the mountains. & we always loved going & seeing all the arts & craft things people made down there. Gatlinburg has turned into more of a box store town instead of the little mom & pop shops - which makes me a little sad. But the best memory for me is always miniature golf. It was some LEGIT competition happening every year.
5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?
Going back to #3 - you'd have to say MONEY! Right? ;) You did say ANYTHING!!!!!
But if I'm going to go with something REALLY to grow.. I'd say avocados. Those babies are EXPENSIVE now & I could eat them every day!!! mmmm... I'm craving one now.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
So everyone knows Friday is Friday the 13th, right? But Saturday is Saturday the 14th & I brought up to Ricky the movie - Saturday the 14th & he thought I was crazy. Anyone else remember that movie? It's like a comedy spoof on scary movies.... & so 80's - & TOTALLLLY 100% corny. But I honestly havent met anyone else that even REMEMBERS it. Come on - SOMEONE has to remember it....
Be sure to come back tomorrow & LINK UP with me for THANKFUL THURSDAY!!!