Wednesday, May 08, 2013
1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember?
They'll think it was the best time ever... I mean I think the 80's was the best time ever. Even if it meant phones with cords, & cassette tapes & neon colors & acid wash jeans!
I hope they remember the carefree attitude of being young... the innocence of it all. You need that to get through the hard times of life.
Look at me getting deep...
2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you.
Ms. Miller... I've talked about her before. I don't even remember what made her so special except she just made us all feel so important. I especially remember SOBBING having to leave her at the end of my 5th grade year. I'm talking ugly cry! Ms. Miller has since became a popular pastor in the area... just shows to me that she had a heart for God even when she was in a room full of 10 yr olds!
Probably where you need to have a heart for God the most :)
3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?
Poor Man's Lasagna... that's what it was called. It was jus a simple pasta dish with meat & tomatoes in it.
I havent had it in years...
couldnt eat it now since it has meat in it... so I'll stick with the memories
4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free?
It was the game of the neighborhood.
I was blessed with a fun street - kids playing everywhere. We'd get together & mark the bases & it was ON... like Donkey Kong! Just some sticks marking a base & a ball... played until the street lights came on.
Do kids even gather like that anymore on the streets for some neighborhood games?
5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child?
I'd say my grandmother, Teenie. Ever since I was little, I mean LITTLE, she made sure I had on jewelry. Every time I saw her, she would say, "Let me see your jewelry you have on today" & I better have something on. Even if it was earrings. But she prefered a necklace AND ring AND bracelet.
to this day, every morning when I leave, I wonder what pieces of jewelry I'm wearing
6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?
Of course you know what I'm going to say - Beauty & the Beast ... I've seen it 5 times on Broadway... & want to see it 5 more...
2nd place - Wicked... I am obsessed with that sound track
But I'm DYING to see Les Miserables in person on Broadway!!!
7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?
1. Charlie perfume ... makes me think of my mom back in the day
2. Corn - it makes me think of my grandmother's house... I don't know why, but always has
3. Stinking gym bag - makes me think of all the nights going to Karate with my dad
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in total work depression...
they've finally gone & done it - blocked virtually EVERYTHING...
If you dont see me commenting as much, its because I cant get to you, or I can't see what you've posted.
Sometimes I can read something, but can't comment.
I can't even blog myself anymore at work... I'm actually doing this at home Tuesday evening.
I feel like someone has cut my arm off.
Hulu, Facebook, YouTube, Blogger... even took away Amazon.
You mess with my shopping & I'm just sinking into a depression
What kind of work conditions is this? Its inhumane I'm telling you!
So think of me chained to a desk with cob webs growing around my sad looking face...
For the record, I always left my office every day with every bit of work finished....
Being there 22 years, I feel like I deserve a shimmer of happiness...