The Hodgepodge before Thanksgiving... let's do this...
1. Are you settling for something?
I'm settling for paying crazy amounts of money every month for health insurance & getting a horrible policy back in return... that was actually cancelled because of Obamacare... so now, I have no idea what kind of policy I have. Probably something even worse. Yipee... Too afraid to even try it. A cold? That will cost $5,000.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
Didn't everyone see this coming last year when they opened the stores at midnight? They've crept it earlier & earlier the past few years. I know because we are Black Friday shoppers. Have been in line at 3 am before in 20 degree weather... why? Just for the fun of it. We usually go out just to see if we can snag a deal or two... & usually just to laugh at people who are bum-crazy-insane fighting over things.
I do think its kinda sad for people who don't want to leave their families on the holiday... but I think its the way of the world because you can bet there will be tons of shoppers out on Thanksgiving.... which only fuels the fire...
Welcome to 'merica
No... no... no...
we don't even wait one day anymore little one
3. Speaking of shopping...I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul. Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
Hello... you're talking to the girl that gets sick traveling to Nashville - 3 hours away... My butt ain't going over seas to shop at any of these places. That's why God made internet shopping...
Internet Shopping... where you can just loose all your money from the comfort of your home.
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
Does the flame that keeps cheese queso warm count?
5. What do you have too much of?
Mass on my body...
& that's BEFORE Thanksgiving!
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you see the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire?
Yep... a huge fan! I have already read all 3 books, but went back & re-read The Hunger Games before that movie came out & re-read Catching Fire before last weekend. We were in the theater Friday night... I was so excited... & it did NOT disappoint. I want to see it again...
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what..especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!) then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
We'll probably be spending most of Thanksgiving yelling at Harvey NO!!! His first smell of Turkey. The smell of meat doesn't exist in my house.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
All is right in the world... Derek & Amber won Dancing with the Stars last night.
I'm going to do this move all day long in random spots...
But I actually liked all 3 of the finals & would have been ok with any of them winning. But I just love Derek so happy for him!
Now we have to wait until our Monday's are filled with Juan Pablo....
You gonna watch?
Your graphics are always so funny!ReplyDelete
Happy Thanksgiving :)
I'd kinda blocked the return of The Bachelor : ) I always say I won't watch, but often get sucked back in. We'll see. Happy Thanksgiving!ReplyDelete
Ooooh, JUAN PABLO!!! It's marked on my calendar!!!!ReplyDelete
I didn't watch DWTS all the way through; I just watched the first couple of shows. Hooray for Amber!!! :)
I saw people on the news that have been outside since LAST WEEK!!! Crazy. Stores being open on Thanksgiving remind of this post. Sad.ReplyDelete
Probably won't watch the Bachelor. I did watch some of DWTS but I didn't see last night. Glad Amber won.ReplyDelete
I think the queso flame counts :) I'm not sure about Juan Pablo...Dont get me wrong, I will most likely be watching! I just am not sure if I'm a fan of him yet...I dont like that I have to work to understand what he is saying! :) Have a happy thanksgiving!ReplyDelete
Ahhhh!! I can't wait for Juan Pablo!!!!!! :D Opening on Thanksgiving so people can get an early start on Black Friday is ridiculous... I mean, isn't 4AM early enough? FREAKS!ReplyDelete
I love shopping from home! I hope to see Catching Fire again, I loved it so much, glad your a fan. I only watched the first show of Dancing with the Stars to see who was on. Amber was awesome that first night and was hoping her/Derek would win.ReplyDelete
Please do no tstop by my blog or you might see that I was shopping on Thanksgiving *bad blogger* Amber seems like a classy chick. Nice that she won.ReplyDelete
I CAN'T WAIT FOR BACHELOR TO START!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
I'm surprised that San Francisco wasn't in the top ten! I love (window) shopping there!