1. The popular saying 'All is fair in love and war' is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
I don't know if I'd say "fair"... sometimes its more like a "circus" .... ba, da, dummm....
2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
OH.MY.GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did someone put this question in just because they hate me?
I'm totally gagging right now because I can smell it now....
yes - I have a LOATHING, DESPISING, HATRED when it comes to the c-word. I dont even like to say it. Its known in my house as 'the c-word' ...
Always have hated it.
I can think about it & honestly, I can smell it... & it gags me. Instant nausea.
My poor husband has to sneak to eat it... & if I know he's eaten it, I wont even kiss him or even let him kiss me on the cheek until he's brushed his teeth & used mouth wash to kill all c-germs. .... I'm serious....
& how do I know he's sneaking it? I found one of those little individual size cups with that horrid stuff in it down in his man-cave. You would have thought I found another woman's picture or love note. I gasped & said, "WHAT IS THIS?"
When we were down at Nashville this past time, Julie pulled out the 'stuff' to feed the boys breakfast. I thought, I'm going to be a good Nanny & handle it. Nope... I had to run to the bedroom & read to get my mind off of it, or I was going to throw up.
So needless to say, I've got to get to the next question or I'm going to start doing some dry heaving noises
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the toy blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story, click here for details)
People are CRAAAZZZZYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The world is turning CRRAAZZZZYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We sure know how to take things to extremes, don't we?
I wonder what kind of trouble I would have gotten in for always carrying my rubber-band gun my dad made me & my brother. It was awesome. Had clothes pins to hold the rubber bands & you just hit the clothes pin & ZOOM - that rubber band was fierce firing power. We'd have rubber band gun fights all the time down the hallways.
Would I be in jail for that today?
Let a psychological evaluation show I haven't shot anyone since... & I'm not THAT crazy now :)
4. Whatever happened to_______________________?
I saw a tweet from Mo Rocca the other day that said:
Which Mrs. Garrett will show up at Mr. Drummond's funeral: Former housekeeper? Headmistress of Eastland? Proprietress of Edna's Edibles?!That made me laugh.... & then I was surprised that she was still alive... & then wondered what ever happened to her...
— Mo Rocca (@MoRocca) January 16, 2013
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to?
I sign my name all the time to documents at work... so I'm a pro at it.
My handwriting changes daily. I honestly have "good" or "bad" handwriting days... I think I must have a split personality or something
6. Speaking of John Hancock, ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Never been there... probably never will.... unless I have to travel through to get to New York in which I DO want to visit one day
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say.
I work in youth ministry... I hear things every week funny that kids say
but I think one of the cutest ones was at Christmas from my own grand-baby...
Isaac was telling me about the Christmas pageant he was in.
"There was Baby Jesus up front & we had to go by him & kneel next to him.... but he wasn't the REAL Baby Jesus. Just a pretend one"
I thought that was so cute.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in a bad mood this morning...
Been logging my food every day for 21 days now in My Fitness Pal ... started my training for the next half marathon, so working out 4-5 days a week... & for the past 2 weeks, I've lost not one pound
I thought today would be the day....
Know what happened? I freaking gained 2 lbs....I GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!!!!
How is that even possible?
I'm going to go eat something to cheer me up....