Wednesday, February 06, 2013
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
The last one I saw was one on our drive way.
Now I'm freaked out by snakes... have reoccurring nightmares about them actually.... I think I had a nightmare last night actually...
But I'm OK with a snake if I know its there.
My fear is coming up on it.
Running & BAM - there's a snake
Or walking the grass & BOOYAH - step on a snake
Pulling weeds & ZAP - a snake
They should wear alarms around their neck & I'd be perfectly fine with them.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Sure... though we always say "I believe in God, not luck".... but I also think I jinx myself... so if "jinx" is in the world, "luck" has to be too - right?
Let's just say I'm going to name my Guardian Angel "Luck" - that way I can say Luck is on my side! :)
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?Which of the three have you done most recently?
My answer - d. None of the above
Try - "Sitting inside & waiting for Spring to arrive"
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I'll need a few days to even comprehend that quote.... me's is stupid
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
I dont even remember!!!! GASP!!.... that's tragic....
this is a problem that needs to have a remedy ASAP!!!
6. What is something you can't say no to?
A York Peppermint Patty... every time the Hubs picks them up & brings them home - I'll eat it. Doesnt matter if I wanted it or not.
That minty goodness has a hold on me
7. Are you a doodler?
Yes... I'm a constant doodler.
Sort of the same stuff over & over though - but yep... doodle, I do.
One of my students in youth always doodled (she's an artist) & the Youth Minister at the time always got so aggravated by it because he said she wasnt listening. Though, she was the one who could answer any question about what you just said.
Come to find out - I read a study about how when you listen to something & doodle at the same time, you actually comprehend it better.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did anyone watch New Girl last night?.... I literally laughed till I had tears coming down my face.
Nick would do a "Panic Moonwalk" every time things got uncomfortable...
Here's one of them
But it was so funny because they kept showing awkward situations he was in & he'd do that same moonwalk.
I even said I'm not going to incorporate it in my life...
How awesome would it be to Panic Moonwalk out of an office in a meeting? Or out of the kitchen in the middle of an argument with a spouse?
I think I just found my new favorite thing!