* Went to a surprise birthday party for an amazing young lady. Sweet 16. She's a lover of coffee (already!) so her mom had it set up as a little coffee shop. It was yummy to have all the coffee drinks to choose from. I think I want my next birthday to have the same kind of party :)
Here she is walking in the door... totally surprised!
* Watched the 20/20 special with Robin Roberts... oh my word! I knew I loved her before - but I love her even more now. Her faith was just so amazing. & her family! Wow! I teared up when her family was in the room singing praises with her - it just reminded me of when we all surrounded Steph & sang worship songs.
* Woke up freaked out... I know its because of watching the Robin Roberts special. I woke up thinking, "Is Steph alive?" ... I had dreamt about her & she was telling me that she was fine & living in Colorado. I was like, "Are you kidding me? I thought you died?!?!!?!" - she kept assuring me she was alive & well in Colorado. So when I woke up, I literally believed it for a few seconds... & then I realized it was a dream. It was THAT real. Maybe Colorado is just code for Heaven. Colorado needs to make new travel pamphlets to let everyone know that.
* Took my new computer back to Best Buy to have it looked at & repaired. Yep - the new one Ricky got me in October. I hate Windows 8... HATE IT!!!
* Stopped in Joann's & bought some new fabric for a baby session I'm doing this Saturday. So soft - so fun! It was cool though because the lady cutting the fabric said, "What are you making?" - I told her I'm no sewer (if they only knew of my lone sewing machine that has never been threaded)... but I was a photographer" - the lady behind me said, "WHAT? I am looking for a photographer" - NICE! Plop out a business card & hopefully have a new client.
* Chili's for lunch... I think we're done with that place. Two times we've been - two times its been awful
* Went to Kohl's to take back my shoes Ricky got me for Valentine's. They would crease on my toes & hurt. So I'm looking around & find a few pairs I'm interested in. But size 9 is not easy to find - so I just find every size 9 & grab them. I open up one box & GASP... literally GASP! Its the Breast Cancer shoes I've been wanting since last year..... Now - get this - there is no display - there is no other shoes in that style in another size - just the one size - MINE! I put them on... It honestly was a Cinderella moment. I think I skipped to check out line. It was destiny
* Stopped by my parents so Ricky could do Horse duty... I've got to watch him - he's gonna sneak a horse home, I can just tell
* Ricky was tired & wanted to go to bed early -I told him I'd watch some TV in the room with him for a minute but was probably going to go in the other room to catch up on my DVR shows... next thing I know - I'm OUT OF IT... sound asleep at 9:30. Musta been all the excitement of my new shoes
* Before church - got my inversion table together. I about freaked out the first time I went backwards on it. Feels like the whole thing is gonna tump over - but Ricky was there & said it wasn't even budging. It felt wonderful to stretch out my back.
* Church.... Today was a frustrating day for me. The kids in the small group were WOUND UP TIGHT. I hate days where I feel like I'm just saying "SSSHHHH - listen to whose speaking" more then saying anything else. Days like this make me wonder if its time to hang up my Youth Leader badget.
* Ryan was working so we were able to snag Chasity up to join us for lunch :)
* Got in 6 miles for the day... new event of the day - I had a road full of chickens in front of me. No joke. I made a chicken sound ... not a good one either... & they all took off across the road & into a cut in the fence where they belonged. I wonder how often they 'sneak' out :)
- I didn't think Seth MacFarlane did HORRIBLE... I would of preferred Amy & Tina. But it did worry me within the first 10 minutes, he did a song called "We saw your Boobs" ... but he did pull out some funny moments.
- LES MISERABLES!!!! I loved they sang live! ... I cant say the same for Catherine Zeta-Jones - who looked totally uncomfortable & shaky & the lip synching was awful.
- I actually rewound & replayed the Les Miz song a few times... thankful for the invention of DVR
- Jennifer Hudson, I think, is the new Whitney Houston - voice wise - not the drug, Crack is whack Whitney
- Jennifer Lawrence tripping? All I could see was Hugh Jackman running to help her up.... perfect gentleman!
- I think every awards ceremony needs to play the Jaws theme music to get people off the stage
- Kristen Stewart - the biggest train wreck there.
- I think Anne Hathaway is just perfection ... ( Hugh Jackman too) ;)
- Wasn't it such a big build up for Adele? & then I wasn't too impressed
- Barbra Streisand ... I love her voice, but every time I see her, I just have the word DIVA flash in my head
- I loved being on Twitter during the Oscars - some of the tweets I read were hilarious. Steve Martin & Joel McHale were cracking me up.
Now - I'm tired & have an Oscar hangover... who made the decision to make the Oscars go on until 11:30pm? Not cool for us East Coast people who have to get up at 5:30am
Have a great week friends!