There is no greater difference between men than between grateful & ungrateful people. ~R.H. Blyth
I'm convinced... work is trying to kill me. I am now 2 full weeks into our new building & I'm now sick twice with a head thing. Sore throat. Coughing. Ears. I think fumes are getting pumped in the air or something. So its official - work sickens me. Truly.
Let's not focus on the things that are trying to kill me though. That's never a good outlook. Time to look at the things that have made me smile this past week & reminded me of an attitude of gratitude.
1. New Cousin. My baby cousin had a baby. Freaks me out because she's always going to be my baby cousin. & mercy, she had a beautiful daughter. Welcome to the world Violet.
2. Believe she could. I saw a Groupon for this bracelet & have always loved the saying, so purchased it for myself. I so love this thing. It's small & comfortable & flexible to wear at all times. I have yet to take it off. And love the reminder it gives me.
3. Pinterest Recipes. I found a new recipe for a mac & cheese recipe that was DELISH. It probably was the most fattening recipe ever for mac & cheese. Lots of dairy - 2 full bags of cheese. It was like carrying a 10 lb weight around loading it up. I also found a recipe for pumpkin pies that didn't include using sugar. It was YUMMINESS! I just told Ricky I want to make another one just because now.
4. Grey Thursday. We ran down to Target on Thanksgiving & while everyone was running to the TV's & electronics, I ran to the book section. I knew Amy Poehler's book was 50% off. This was my priority. Everyone was walking around proud of their grabbing xbox & ipads... I was holding my book up high, walking with a strut.
5. Family. Holidays are always better with family. Amen? Amen. Thankful that my brother & sister in law have a beautiful home to host holidays. Also thankful for my nieces. I love those girls so much.
6. Flameless Candles. It's always a battle in my house with candles. I light them, my husband goes right behind & blows them out. I sneak & relight, he sneak & blows them right back out. He hates candles. So when I found these flameless candles at Home Depot on Black Friday I got them to use during Christmas time. I now want to go get more of these to use year round. They just make a room look so beautiful. They even came with a remote control & they also have a 5 hour timer that comes on every night & goes off right when we go to bed. Who invented these? Someone whose husband went behind them - I'm sure.
7. Christmas Doggie. I put up our tree over the weekend & love that my dogs just wanted attention & love & snuggles. Bruno would follow me & throw himself down wherever I was... including by the tree. It took all day to put up my tree at that pace of having to stop every few minutes to hold a dog. I didn't mind one bit.
8. Our Grandbuddy. We got to see Emerson & can't believe how big she's getting. Almost to the 6 month mark. It's funny because she's making noises now & she's really into the "na na na na" sound... which of course, I take it as her saying "Nanny"... duh :)
9. Precious Nativity. I love Nativity scenes. It's the most beautiful part of a Christmas decoration. & while 99% of our decorating is Disney, I just love this nativity. We actually got it at the end of Christmas last year at Hallmark for like 75% off. Precious Moments are just so beautiful to me anyways so I love that we have a sweet little new nativity now.
What are you thankful for this week?
Do you love nativity sets?
What's a good Pinterest recipe you use?