But there's something about a new year that makes me want to lay out some standards & priorities I want in life... so yes, resolutions
|I like Habits a lot better then resolutions!!!|
I want to print this out & post it on my mirror so I can see what I am setting for myself... & want to come back in December 31, 2014 & copy & paste it & see how many of the things I can cross off...
Its going to be embarrassing if I can't mark anything off...
Let's think positively though
So my resolutions - or future habits for 2014:
* Sleep more... I'm horrible with sleeping - scraping by. I need to take it seriously
* Organize!!! ... I organized my kitchen cabinets this past weekend & it feels like heaven opening the pantry doors & seeing what I need, having it straight, knowing where everything is at. I need more of my life like this
* Cut out the Self-Hate Talk... I catch myself using the word "Disgusting" quite a bit when I look in a mirror or catch myself thinking about how I feel about my body... I need to quit that. Using that word or any other self-hate word. I saw that commercial from Special K that shows how much people talk about themselves ... I'd be shocked & sick if I saw the words I said to myself around me too
* I want to stick to more Happy Herbivore food plans... a good way to get fruits & veggies in my diet.. EVERY DAY! I got in on their deal yesterday too where you could prepay for one year ... it actually is like getting 6 months for free. I snagged up on that! So I am really ready for this habit to kick in!
* Stretch... I think a lot of my back pains & leg issues is because I am so tight. I need more yoga, pilates, stretching in my life...
* Sit ups - DAILY! ... the abs are the one muscle you can work out every day! (fun fact) I want to get my back strong, which means the abs have to be strong. Even if its 10 sit ups while I'm going to bed, do it! I'm wanting to keep up my planks! I was up to 2 minutes
|Remember this DAILY|
I'm not perfect
* Get in the WORD!!... some way, some how, I want to hear from God. A devotion, a Bible Study, I want His word constantly flowing through my mind & heart.
* Listen more then speak... I've done wonders in this area of my life over the years... watched the words I spoke before I speak, but I can do better. I really want to watch my words. They are powerful!
* Move at least 5 days a week... run, kickbox, walk, Zumba, Kinect Dance, lift weights, do SOMETHING... just move
* Sit less... move more at work. I want to do a post about how bad sitting is for you. Its comparable to smoking a pack of cigarettes. I sit all day at work... so bad for you. I want to get up & move every hour at work - even if its marching in place to my radio.
* Get a grip on worrying... this is a hard one for an anxiety girl like me but I really want to try & minimize the worrying I do. Hold it in check. Get control of it. Remember who's really in control... not me...
|This is me 99% of the time|
* SLOW DOWN!!!.... ask anyone that knows me.... you all know too if you follow my blog - I'm constantly on the go. Its starting to wear me down. I need to slow down & enjoy life instead of working through it, whether that means cutting some things I love out of it, I may need to make that move.
* Loose weight ... of course, that's usually on everyone's list (except Ricky's) ... but I'd love to see the number down by 40 - at least! If anything, for my health. I don't want to pant walking up my work steps anymore.
* Keep learning... I want to keep learning more about photography. The latest things - lighting, equipment, studio, techniques... pictures are stories
* Speaking of pictures, I want to do another Project 365... I love documenting my life through my favorite media - pictures. How I will keep up with it (blog, Instagram, Facebook) not sure - I'm just going to start clicking away.
* READ!!! I haven't stopped to do a good book for almost 2 months. I miss my stories - the characters I meet & don't want to let go.
Some quick easy thoughts we can always work at:
* Smile more
* Be kind to others
* Be forgiving & full of grace
* Don't always feel like I have to be right - let it go - agree to disagree
* Floss more
Lots to make myself a better person - have a better life - have a calm mind & heart...
Let's see what 2014 holds!
Do you make resolutions?
What do I need to put on the list?