Highlights from the weekend
* I still laugh at dogs in the 'cone of shame'... that is until they ram you straight into the knee with the edge of it.
|"What is this THING around my head?"
* The surgical nurse at the vet said she knew Harvey's name was "Harvey" but she said, "I kept calling him Harvey Dent because of his face & then I looked at his tag & saw that really was his name. I knew you were a good dog-parent" ... yes! :)
* All Harvey kept doing when we got home was lay just like this... think someone wanted to tell me how his day went? Poor fellow.
* The worst part of Harvey's experience? Trying to get him to not jump up on the bed, or run out in the snow & play... we gave up by Sunday. He obviously wasn't in pain - his incision didn't look bad - he has no swelling.
* I am worried about today - they told me the 3rd & 4th days are the worst because the skin will grow back together & it causes itching. It was the 4th day that Zoe tore open her intestines because of itching... I'll be nervous driving home today.
* The time had come. I can't hardly knit anymore with my arm & I'm surrounded by yarn... it taunts me. I went to box it up, but know I have so many knitting friends so put the call out to anyone that wanted yarn. I've now got 5 orders of yarn going out to friends... glad for it to have a home. I did keep about 5 projects I'm working on, but I suspect I wont even be able to get to those... unless a miracle happens with my arm... which I do believe can happen.
|The tote is full too
I'd hate to think how much money this is
* More snow... really? I'm so sick of it
|Dogs have to make fresh tracks ... AGAIN...
* The wind was howling so bad Saturday... it gave me chills & made me cold just hearing it.
* I tried to get my long run in on my treadmill Saturday. Right about 2.5 miles in, my stomach started cramping but I thought it would pass. A few minutes later, I thought I was going to throw up. I got chills. Took off running upstairs & thought I was going to DIE.... not sure what happened. It was horrible.
* Took a shower & ended up in bed the rest of the night... Breaking Bad marathon
* DO NOT watch 5 episodes of Breaking Bad & then go to sleep... the dreams you have are a little crazy
* Got up & ready for church & had those stomach cramps & nausea again... what in the world? Ended up only going to youth only. Call it energy from the kids, I felt OK the rest of the day
* I probably need to be a better leader. A kid was telling me he passed out at the Winter Jam concert that had taken place on Friday. (I wanted to go so badly but with Ricky's MRI & Harvey's surgery, knew we couldn't. )... so he told me his story of just blacking out... my reaction? TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT COLTON DIXON!
* Met with a potential wedding client at a local coffee shop. I told them I wanted a hot chocolate with a shot of espresso... trying to find a copy of the drink we had in Nashville. When I asked for that, she said, "That's a mocha latte"... no its not. It didn't taste anything like I wanted. It tasted like a mocha latte.. not the REAL chocolate flavor of hot chocolate... bummed...
|How I looked when she said, "That's a Mocha Latte"
* Got my Valentine Swap goodies...cant wait to get them in the mail
* Sometimes, Target is stupid...
|Not everyone marks things UP for a sale
Guess they gotta make money somewhere for the security screw up
* Freezing Saturday & it felt so WARM Sunday. We live in a world where 42 degrees feels WARM!
* Didn't even catch anything from the Grammy's... watched the Bachelor wedding instead
|I hope it works for them
Sean seems pretty awesome
* I've never seen a wedding more focused on the 'wedding night' more in my life... kinda uncomfortable & awkward
* If you didn't know - Sean's sister, Shay, has a blog & is awesome with it... I was watching her Instagram all day for behind the scene pictures of the wedding all day long.
* Had to watch Downton before I went to bed... I love Mr. Bates. Just love him. "You're breaking my heart" ... oh. my heart.
Onto a new week.....