People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have.
-- Richard Carlson
-- Richard Carlson
Before we get started on what I'm thankful for, I just wanted to drop a quick note because so many of you had sent messages that you would pray for my uncle while he went into surgery for his pancreatic cancer. Well, the surgery ended up not happening as expected. They opened him up & found it has spread to his liver so they just closed him up & are now talking about options with him.
What a blow for him & his family...
But we know that God is a big God... & everything is in God's plan... so we don't give up, but we hang onto faith... so if you all could keep the prayers going, especially in the next few days as they talk with doctors about options & plans & what they feel led to do... so appreciated.
Praying people are the mightiest people....
It feels sort of trivial to do my Thankful posts, but I sit & think about it & have to remember that it is the little things in every day that you need to be thankful for...
so I'll continue on with my post today....
1. New Shoes... I think my latest running shoes, my Brooks, are trying to kill me. Something about the arch. So I went with my old school Asics - that was the first shoe I ever ran in. I love these. The way they feel... & especially the color. You'll see me coming down the road in these babies.
2. Vacation... It was just great spending time with Ricky. Even if it wasn't as planned & we ended up having a 'stay-cation', it was still great just hanging with my guy.
3. Pumpkins... This is the first year I didn't pull out one fall decoration. & that's usually the highlight of my year. But after Sydney passed away & then injuries with me & then Ricky's knee & then all sorts of issues coming at us, I just never got around to it. So when our neighbors across the street said they had extra pumpkins & wanted to give us a few & we came home & saw these on our front porch, I got all teary eyed. So thankful for neighbors who are so thoughtful to share & get me in the Fall mood afterall.
4. Urgent Cares late at night ... when we found Ricky's spider bite & the streaks going to his chest, we were going to go to the ER, but we started calling around & found an Urgent Care that was open till 9:00... & we made it in at 8:50! YES! So much easier then the ER. We were in & out pretty quickly & I felt so much safer from germs in there.
5. New Cowl ... I made this over the weekend in 2 days... & I LOVE IT! Like I want to make a dozen of them. It is so warm & thick & comfy. I think I need one that I don't care that much about so I can wear it 24 hours a day during the winter.
6. New York City Marathon... I love when they put on these races on TV. The only time I ask my hubs what channel ESPN2 is...
7. Beautiful Fall ... Saturday was so cold & we even had snow (help me Lord) but Sunday was warmer & it felt like Fall again. The beauty of the leaves as we get the last bit of the colors, I just want to stop time before everything falls & freezes up....
8. Flowers still going... my beautiful flowers for our anniversary are still on the table a week later & still looking so gorgeous. They are the most velvety looking roses. I have held them to my nose every day & inhaled the scent... aahh... makes me want to have fresh flowers on my table every day.
9. Harvey Dent... yes, he's usually in trouble doing puppy things, but we are so thankful for him. After we lost Sydney, we know without a shadow of a doubt there is no other dog like her, but it has been so healing to our hearts to have such a snuggly puppy that wants attention & wants to be played with & just wants to lay next to you with his paw across our chest. He may be a booger sometimes, but he's been a light in the sadness lately.
What are you thankful for this week?
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, I'll be praying for you and your family.ReplyDelete
Even in our hard times we can find things to be thankful for. Helps us to be joyful all the time. Thanks for reminding me if this truth this morning.ReplyDelete
Love that cowl. Did you get the pattern from YouTube? I love the way it lays. What kind of yarn and loom did you use? Do you mind sharing?
You are such an encourager! With everything that's been thrown on you the past couple months, you always seem to stay positive! Praying for your uncle and his family.ReplyDelete
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I will be praying for him.ReplyDelete
So glad Harvey Dent is bringing you comfort in this time of sadness. xo
You have so much to be thankful for this week! Love your cowl and new shoes. So sorry to hear about your Uncle- I will continue to keep him in my prayers.ReplyDelete
I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Prayers that your family can come to the best solution and that he feels at peace. Love your outlook, though - there really is so much to be thankful for.ReplyDelete
I really love watching marathons - i didn't get to see the NYC one but it's always so great watching them get across that finish line!ReplyDelete
So very sorry to hear about your Uncle. I will pray for him. I like your list of things to be thankful for. Take care and God Bless.ReplyDelete
thatisjust the sweetest thing your neighbors did! i'm sorry to hear about your struggles lately. prayers for your family.ReplyDelete