We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~Thornton Wilder
What I'm thankful for this week:
1. One last lunch with the Hubs. Before our move, Ricky & I had our last lunch together. But its even more a thankful thing because I think I'm going to be able to make it down every now & then for lunch with him even now. I know I will in December. I'll be the only one in the office a LOT in December so it won't matter if I'm a few minutes late getting back. I'm glad. I miss seeing him during the day.
2. Enchanted Objects. Packing up my office was such a drag & bummed me out. But I love I had my office Beauty & The Beast themed. It made me smile to see my enchanted friends smiling back at me.
3. Packed. It wore me out - beat me down - but got it all done. I told my boss, if you plan on firing me after this move, just know I'm burning the building down as I walk out. I'm too old to pack up 22 years of office junk.
4. Snuggly Puppy. The picture says it all. Harvey is the SNUGGLIEST dog. & he doesn't realize he's HUGE & HEAVY... he just wants to lay next to you or on you. I love that during winter. Better then any electric blanket.
5. Cowl!!! This is my first tight gauge loom knit project on my Knitting Board. It took me about a month to do & I LOVED doing this one. The smaller stitches speak to me. I left this project on my kitchen table & would do some every morning & a few rows every evening while dinner was cooking. I'm so happy with the finished product.
|Another picture of how it comes over the head... LOVE IT!|
6. Hot chocolate & pictures. Ricky went to the UK game on Friday & I was home by myself. Editing pictures & sipping Starbucks hot chocolate was a good way to pass the time alone.
7. Sharing the Knits. I love when I am able to share my love of knitting with friends. I always want to knit things & Ricky tells me, "not everyone wants knitted everything Rebecca" so I never want to MAKE someone wear my things. But when people say, Hey I would love to have _____, it makes me happy to whip up some quick projects & share along.
8. Neil Patrick Harris. This book was sent to me for review & I was so giddy about it. I was going to buy it anyways because NPH is on my list of people that I am secretly in my head best friends with... so when I got this book for free? I felt like a winner.
... PS. I'm just about 50 pages in & already loving NPH even more! Didn't think that was possible.
9. Pictures Done. This was my last photo session of the year. It felt like relief to be done & know that my nights are free now to clean my house & catch up on laundry. Yeah -who are we kidding.... it means more time to knit.
BONUS THANKS: Imodium. This week would not have been pulled off without it. :)
What are you thankful for this week?