1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
March 2nd is when Hell was Unleashed around here.. the tornados of Henryville, Pekin & Maryville... total devestation. And then on Monday, we had 6 inches of snow at my house... & then yesterday was 68 degrees. "In like a lion"? More like Mother Nature is on a hormone roller coaster!!!
2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free), or Alex (Madagascar)? You may notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.
You'd think the easy answer for me would be to go with Disney & Mufasa. But I cant handle "The Lion King" - it breaks my heart. Why does Disney have to be so sad sometimes? ... And for my momma, who lives & breaths "Wizard of Oz", I GOTTA go with The Cowardly Lion. He's just too cute... & he sings & dances... & the best part? Beauty & the Beast gives a shout out to him! Must make him pretty special!
. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?
The coolest way I've ever seen the sunrise was when I was running a half marathon. They didnt realize the time change would happen that weekend so it was dark when we started... but running while the sun was coming up was so beautiful. And I usually do my ordinary runs when the sun is setting... I guess watching the sun rise or set during running is just a way of saying I like to be distracted from the actual pain of running :)
4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?
This is a deep & tough question (Cant wait to see everyone else's answer on this)... I'll just give this answer: With great power comes great responsibility.
(Oh yeeeaaaahhhh baby.... My Spiderman loving husband will be so proud of me for working that in this answer!... even if it may not even make sense really)
5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?
Just running a race this past Saturday - that's where you will always see something peculiar. The top 3:
- A lady probably in her 60's wearing a rainbow tutu while running... I'll give her mad props though - she totally left me in her rainbow tutu dust! FAST!!
- A kid running in the race with his dad wearing the "toed" running shoes - you've seen them, right? The shoes that are like toed socks? I didnt know they made them that small. I mean the kid was like 7 yrs old. And the soles of these things were BLACK so he must run a lot with his dad
- A guy in army gear wearing a full loaded backpack in honor of his army brothers... & again, this guy left me in his army dust with the additional 50 lbs on his back. I mark this as peculiar because it definitely drew attention... amazing attention of awe!
6. Bottled water...your thoughts?
Love it... especially with Diet Coke added in.
7. What's your strongest sense?
Does having a loud voice count? If not, I'll go with smelling. I'm super sensitive with smells. And I've always had a tendancy to just pick up random things & smell it. A stapler? Why yes, I'll smell it. Dont ask me why.... when I say random, I meant it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The race pictures are in from my run on Saturday. Holy cow... this is it... I've learned my lesson. I will now always wear my bib on my back or hide my number. The latest picture? HORRID... I honestly look like a blob in the middle of fit people. Its so freaking depressing...