Wait... its ONLY Wednesday????? This has been the slowest week so far... ugh! Maybe doing a little Hodgepodge will speed it along.
1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday. What's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green?
I love green... I think it goes well with my red hair, so I actually own a lot of green. Shirts, sweaters, scarves... even have a mint green skirt that I love. But for this year's St. Patrick's Day, it falls on the same day as a 10K that I'm running - so I'm trying to find what kinda green tech-wear I have. I do have some light green running shorts... but it is a possibility of rain. Light green & rain? Might as well be running in my underwear... I just need to make sure those are green too.
2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state or province where you live?
I get a pass on this question because hello!?!?! I live in GREENVILLE, Indiana! My whole town is my favorite place :)
3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department?
I was always one of the taller girls in my class during elementary school & middle school & I always enjoyed it. Being in the back line of picture day? Good times of being able to goof off because no one can see what you're doing back there. Now, as an adult, I'm 5'8 - is that average? I have no problems with my height... now if we're talking width, that's another topic :)
4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?
Just find me on any PMS day & any topic will suffice for a fight
... or have the name of "Ricky" & leave your socks on the counter top
... one or the other.
5. Broccoli-spinach-string beans-peas...of the four your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option is too hard for you. I know there are some veggie haters out there).
Broccoli... with tons of cheese on it
Spinach ... covered with hot dressing
String beans... covered with salt
Peas .... never
So in the end, I only like veggies if you douse them with anything unhealthy.
6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors, and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why?
Mother Teresa... the things she sacrificed to help others. She was truly the hands & feet of God on this earth. And some of the things she would say? I love to google "Mother Teresa quotes" & every one of them is something powerful & insightful. To leave the world with a legacy like that... to leave the world changed for the better because of what you've done. That's amazing....
"We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair & hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love"
7. Keep calm and ___________on.
You fill in the blank.
I have two actually
Keep calm and RUN on
Keep calm & KNIT on
Both calm me.
... maybe I can run and knit at the same time... find a new level of zen.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
82 degrees today... trees & flowers starting to bud ....welcome allergy season!!!!