I've missed joining in the Hodgepodge
... let's see what the wonderful Joyce has for us this week.
1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
Wait... you're supposed to manage money? Oh... that's what I'm doing wrong!
No, really, I'm pretty good at handling money. I loathe credit cards & every one I have, they automatically get deducted from my bank account every month, so its like a debit card to me. I never want a credit card balance. I believe credit is evil & from the devil.
It would be cool to talk to a financial planner though to see how to better save.
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve week. Off the top of your head share TWO of your current pet peeves.
Only 2? I could do a whole post on this topic alone...
2 that comes to mind....
1. People that 'do it better'... you know the ones. No matter what you do, have or say - they have done it better - they have it better, & they can talk about it more then you. Its so frustrating!
2. Commercials. Is it me or are they getting longer & longer. & in an hour show - that half hour mark commercial seems to be like 10 minutes. Thank God for DVR.
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
How to sew!!!!!
Ricky bought me a sewing machine about 5 years ago... I've turned it on once to see if it works. I have never even 'loaded it'... I don't even know the term that means to put thread on it.
I have started pinning tutorials on Pinterest & easy projects, but I don't even have a place in my house for my sewing machine.
I'm thinking I need to redo my whole back room to hold all my photography files/equipment, my computer, my knitting stuff AND now a sewing space... not sure how that's possible. Maybe I need to learn first how to organize a room.
4. How concerned are you about the health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
I am a germaphobe... that should tell you enough right there to know I'm on panic mode 10.0 ... but heck, I get like that every cold & flu season anyways so what's a few more things to make me want to scrub my hands for.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger...your favorite orange cartoon character?
I like Garfield because he's all about pizza & likes to sleep.
Nemo ... he's not really the character in the movie - more his dad trying to find him & of course Dory steals the show...
so I'm going with Tigger... because Tigger's like to bounce. I want that kind of energy.
6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remains mostly true to the book plot?
I was really most impressed with Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire...
I had just re-read the book right before the movie came out so it was fresh in my mind & they did it REALLY well... just like the book.
Most of the time, I'm sititng in the seats complaining they left this & that part out.. that one got about 95% of it correct. Thumbs up!
Cant wait for Mockingjay to come out next month!
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
They always tell of a story when we went to Gatlinburg when I was little. They drove to the top of the mountains to the look out & I was little... a baby. Dad put me on top of the hood of the van to look around & they said I just stared & said, "GAAAA_GEEEE"... translation: Golly
I still to this day say Golly ... but my speech has improved.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm on the insurance hunt again. Got a letter in the mail that said my Blue Cross plan has been canceled thanks to the Affordable Care Act. Know what bites... this is the 2nd time this has happened...
How is this even right?
& didn't Obama say that already existing policies wouldn't be effected?
A friend sent me a link from Rush Limbaugh yesterday where someone called in saying they got notice as well - so apparently all the letters are going out.
What a joke our country has become.....