& I know we live in a world where your life is on your phone or iPad... but I still like the old school way of pen or pencil jotting down on paper...
Last year I had the Erin Condren planner & loved it, but wanted to see if there was some other planners out there that would work best for me...
So to help you out - here are 3 planners that I've gotten & a preview of them.
First - here are the 3 planners... the Erin Condren planner, a calendar from May Books & a MyAgenda planner.
|(L to R: MayBook, MyAgenda, Erin Condren)|
You can see from the picture - the Erin Condren planner is the biggest... the May Book is the smallest.
The May Book is more of a papery feel that is stiched up the center.
The My Agenda is like a hard back book
Erin Condren has the rings & a stury plastic cover
Another view showing the sizes of the planners.
* I do like that you can create the design of your book... create a monogrammed look, or even put your name on it. I actually created 2 other plain notebooks with my name on them. So cute!
* I was surprised how small this was. That may actually work for some people who want to throw it in a purse or bag. I just need more writing room & something that feels more sturdy. I'd just be afraid it wouldnt last through the whole year.
It does also have a weekly "to do" pages after the calendar - but you can see how small it is ... I dont have monster hands so I could pretty much lay my hand on top of the calendar & cover the whole page.
* I love that each month has tabs on them to take you right to where you need to be
* I love that it has plenty of writing space in it... it has a calendar for each month & then a weekly area that is so roomy... it even comes with stickers to put on the dates to help you keep track of events & plans & birthdays...
* I also love it has a little folder in the back & a zip up bag that holds business cards, receipts, loose papers
* Love all the extra blank pages for writing notes
* I dont care for the spiral binding on it too much... it spins on me often & I have to 'refeed' it through the pages so they dont get loose.
* The biggest thing I dont like about this planner... the cost... its pricey... with shipping & handling, its about a $60 planner. OUCH! ... but I will say, it has withheld through the year & I carry it with me every day.
This is actually off a site that is called MomAgenda http://www.momagenda.com/
They have planners for Mom's that have places to keep track of each child & daily 'mom' duties... I have no little ones so I went with the MyAgenda...I LOVE IT!!!
* I love it has a calendar on the front that is double paged & lined (I'm nerdy on keeping straight lines while writing)
* I also love the weekly pages for writing...this is my favorite part... it has sections that you can make your own... I use the top part for the "to do" of the day, & then label the bottom sections for my exercise, my daily spending, what's for dinner, & my photography agenda... perfect for me!
* It has 2 ribbons that help you keep track of both places which is nice.
* I also love that it has pages in the back for information - medical info, TONS of blank pages, vacation planner, pages to write down notes about music, movies - even areas where you can write down things for the next year.
* Also love that it has a "My Essentials" that is like a phone directory that you can actually remove & put in your next planner that you get!
* I also like the hard back binding. The side of the book will look fantastic on a book shelf - it has the year on it & you can get different color books every year.
* You can choose to have your name put on it as well... for some reason, I didnt do that but wish I had.
By far, My Agenda is my favorite... it works for me... & the price isnt as crazy as the Erin Condren. & right now, the MyAgenda is 30% off... which makes me a little kooky since I bought mine right before it went on sale... Gaawwwhhh!!!
Believe me - I wish I was compensated for some of these planners - but this is just my opinion on all the planners I have purchased this year...
hope it helps someone with the decision
& if there is another planner out there - I dont want to know about it... I cant spend any more money on another one...
.. I lie... I do want to know about it... I love planners :)