* Got surprised by some roses at work... the fun part? Getting them home. I didnt want the water spilling all over my new seats, so I poured some of it out & then seat belted those babies in. The weight made my front passenger side air bags turn off - it must be the same weight of a small child.. nice...
* Headed to look for a baby shower gift... freaked me out when I knew I was having a future NEPHEW & the registry had all kinds of PINK stuff... turns out Burlington isnt good with their bar codes... we were outta there
* Target! Why didnt we just go there in the first place? Especially because they have a Starbucks in there. Except they were out of cups for hot drinks. Normally, I get all things 'iced' but it was so chilly & damp, I wanted something warm.... & it got put in one of those plastic cups... my 'hot' drink was 'cold' in a few minutes anyways
* Traffic jam.... ugh!!!!
* Ricky & I got home just in time to change... it was a Youth Bonfire/Hayride event. It had been rainy & chilly all day long so we were afraid no one would show up.... WRONG! We had a LOAD of kids... & the rain let up for the EXACT time of our event. Literally, at 10:00, while we were cleaning up & kids were leaving, it started raining again. The rest of the time? We could even see stars out... perfect!
* I love when I have time to make breakfast on Saturday morning... the only time of the week I can make a good, hearty one...
* one of my Brides came by with her mom to pick up engagement pictures... This young lady is just the cutest... I love getting to know amazing people... & their family. Turns out her mom works at the school where my nieces go to, so she knows all about them... such a small world!
|(Here she is... this is one of their engagement pictures... & this is where he proposed.... aahhh!)|
* The weather was looking iffy today too & I had a senior portrait session... the mom was so nervous about it & kept calling me... I kept assuring her it was going to work out & we'd get great pictures...then I just sat on my couch with a cup of iced coffee & kept praying the weather would work out :)
* My dogs guilted me off the couch so they could relax
* That Senior portrait session? .... Thank you Jesus... It is probably one of my all time favorites. I'll show you some pictures when I get them posted...
* Ricky took me out to dinner for a job well done to a Japanese restaurant... yum... but I told him, "let me take a picture for my weekend wrapup" - he was like "NO!" & then took my phone. I showed him how to pose... I was doing some great poses... he refused to take the pictures like that & made me "just smile"... so boring :)
* Headed to Kohl's with my 30% off... found a cool watch that is supposed to work as a Pedometer as well... WATCH FAIL... I got it home & tried it out - I literally walked around the house twice & it counted ZERO steps taken. ... yeah, that's going back...
* Church time...
* This was a day of running from one place to another... I left church, got home to wrap up the Baby Shower present & Ricky wanted to make sure I ate something first... he could hear my stomach growling all through youth service... so we booked it down to Jimmy John to get me a veggie sandwich... I'm not sure I've ever ate that fast before in my life
* Baby Shower Time!!! .... The new momma looked so beautiful & cute... she said she's only gained 11 lbs so far. I told her, that's amazing, as I've only gained 11 lbs the past few months as well :)
* I didnt get a good shot of her - DANG IT!... but did get a good shot of her cake. Think my belly was yelling out for sugar?
I told her, how are you going to cut off Winnie the Pooh's head? She's a pregnant woman who has cravings - let her cut off the head if she wants :)
* AAHHH - found a picture on Facebook of us all :)
|(The Vincent side)|
* My sister in laws are awesome... all I do around them is laugh :)
* I'm the winner! SCORE! We started playing games & they asked if I was playing - I said, "no... I'm WINNING'.. & winning I did... even if it did take a new way of outlook to win. You had to make 'baby item' names out of the new baby's full name... Well, I was coming up with some doozies.. .like LICE, VAN, HEAL, VEIN ... & I could explain how everyone of them would associate with a baby. Let me tell you - I grew up going to so many baby showers, I know how to get down & dirty to win a game! :)
* Back in my car to get back to church for the Senior High Session... made it with 10 minutes before starting... whew!
* Got home at 8:45 & EXHAUSTED... but had to watch Once Upon a Time... just keeps getting better & better... I mean, come on - Belle got her library in this one!
* My wonderful hubby gave me a leg massage while I just laid on the couch & watched Revenge... now that's how you end a weekend!!!