Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Wednesday...I'm telling you, these days have felt forever long... just glad we've made it to half way through the week.
1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758...besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback edition or is your search for a definition strictly online these days?
I used to carry a small pocket dictionary for when I would read books & come upon a word I had no idea what it meant... now, thanks to technology & my Kindle, you can just touch the word & it gives you the meaning right there on the screen. LOVE IT!!!
But I do have a Scrabble Dictionary that I love... but which Ricky says isnt a real dictionary. Afterall, how many times do you say "qi" in your day?
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
Why would a public school ban halloween celebrations? I know we never celebrated it in high school or even middle school. If anyone showed up in costume, you went home. "Big" School isnt for Halloween celebrations - but if there is a dance afterwards, who cares?
& we did celebrate it in Elementary school - but that's always just pumpkins & fun witches & ghost crafts & cookies. Let young kids have fun...
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
I LOVE this movie...Homeward Bound... The end, when you think that Shadow isnt going to make it out of the mud pit... & then when he see's "his boy"... I totally sobbed like a baby...
And another that is probably one of my favorites - that may or may not be considered a 'dog movie' ...Iron Will... Loved the relationship between Will & his dog.. "Get off my dog"!!! I always said I would name a son if we had one William - after Ricky's dad but we would call him Will because we both loved this movie so much!!!
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
Anywhere I am is never "too quiet" :)
...Ask the Hubs - he'll agree....
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words, do you clean as you go or make a big mess and deal with it later?
I get anxious if the kitchen gets too messy so I'm a clean as you go kinda cook
I try to get out all the ingredients, get them measured & ready to go before I even start anything - that way all packages are already put up before I even start...
yeah, I'm that weird about it...
Even when we get take out, I'm constantly putting up the containers & bags/boxes.
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute. Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
I threw up some in my mouth while just watching
& then when he went into that crazy spin? Yeah - I may have peed a little...
that tell you how adventurous I am?
How do people even think of doing something like that?
I like what Ellen said on her show, "This guy lands on his feet after jumping 24 miles from the earth & I get a bulging disk in my back from stepping off of a curb"
7. What's not a word but should be?
I feel like this is a trick question... I wont be pulled into this ridiculikonkliciousiness
8. Insert your own random thought here.
They were talking about the top songs played at a funeral... I would have bet "I can only Imagine" ... but it was "My Way" by Frank Sinatra! Seriously - here's the whole list... is it me, or is this way off?
1. Frank Sinatra - "My Way"
2. Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli - "Time To Say Goodbye"
3. Bette Midler - "Wind Beneath My Wings"
4. Eva Cassidy - "Over the Rainbow"
5. Robbie Williams - "Angels"
6. Westlife - "You Raise Me Up"
7. Gerry & The Pacemakers - "You'll Never Walk Alone"
8. Vera Lynn - "We'll Meet Again"
9. Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On"
10. Nat King Cole - "Unforgettable"
11. Tina Turner - "The Best"
12. Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton - "I Will Always Love You"
13. Monty Python - "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"
14. Luther Vandross - "Dance With My Father"
15. Louis Armstrong - "Wonderful World"
16. Daniel O'Donnell - "Danny Boy"
17. Eva Cassidy - "Fields Of Gold"
18. Righteous Brothers - "Unchained Melody"
19. Westlife - "Flying Without Wings"
20. Eva Cassidy - "Songbird"