Wednesday... Hodgepodge Day
1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income taxes...what's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
A job that's 'taxing'... my actual job! I do the books for 3 different companies so I'm constantly involved in taxes... sales taxes, property taxes, state taxes, payroll taxes
... you bored yet? Me too... but it pays the bills... literally :)
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on letter O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
I love olives... I used to not when I was younger, but then my wonderful addiction to all things salty won over & green olives are the bomb-diggity!
Though, I will add, my love for onion rings is strong too.... like that's a REAL addiction. I see them on a menu & I'm all in. Which is funny because I'm not a huge onion fan.. unless they are grilled up with other veggies. But throw on a layer of breading that has no health nutrition whatsoever - throw it in some deep fried lard & how can it NOT taste good?
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
The joy of prank calling! :)
I remember sitting in my room with my friend Stephanie & we'd go through my phone book & call people & say the stupidest things....
I know our laughs always gave us away....
But now? Caller ID - who can prank call anymore... sad...
Something else kids of today will not experience? Waiting by the radio for hours on end with a tape recorder just waiting for the stupid song to play so you could record it for your own mixed tape... now with iTunes, you want a song, you go get it.
Kids don't have to work for NOTHING anymore :)
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
There's term limits?
I have elected officials?
... I've said it before & I'll say it again - I don't waste my time with politics.
I have that right because I'm American... Oh snap! :)
(For the record - I do vote in the Presidential elections... I'm not THAT stupid in politics)
5. On April 18th 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'....when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
The last time was probably opposite for me... we just WOKE UP to go on our 'midnight ride' - Black Friday. With stores opening at midnight, it was the prime time to go shopping. Got quite a bit done by 3:00 am - came home & napped until 8 & headed back out...
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
Mice don't bother me at all... I think they're quite cute actually. But I get the lecture of the damage they can do to a home... but I still lay a guilt trip when Ricky lays traps out. Poor Fievel. I always tell Ricky, "now he'll never find his mother! Are you happy?"... I lay the guilt on thick!
Spider's don't normally bother me... but I will say, I hate when they are larger then my hand. & in our garage, I've seen a few like that.
7. I love it when people ask me____________________________.
if I want a free trip to Disney world!!!
....At least I'm sure I'd love it if someone asked me that... I'm SURE of it!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Its getting near the dreaded time of year
... the time when I'll probably cry
... I'll sweat
... I'll throw things
... I'll be exhausted
Its time to change my closet from Winter to Summer... trying on all the Spring/Summer clothes & seeing if they fit & what still works...
I'm not looking forward to it....