1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
Lots & lots of editing pictures ... the other side of photography
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
I think compassion is innate... (& I actually looked up the definition of innate to make sure it meant what I thought it meant... it did... whew!)
I've seen some tiny children have such caring for others & things & animals ... while other kids just could care less, all about me me me. I think that compassion comes from within.
On the flip side, look at the evil in this world? I don't think half of it would be here if some of these people had compassion for others....
Hilter? Yeah - don't think he had much compassion
The 9/11 Hijackers - don't think they cared one bit about the people in the planes or the building
Boston Marathon bombers - think that compassion switch was definitely turned off. The older brother even had a daughter. If you don't even have enough compassion to care for your daughter, then I don't think you have any at all.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
I'm ALL about the "Rom-Com" ... that saying is straight from Happy Endings :)
But Romantic Comedies are just corny enough & cute enough & sappy enough to make a smile come across my face
Add in Tom Hanks or Billy Crystal & the original faced Meg Ryan & it was magic
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying, "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or disagree?
I don't eat meat... so I'll just say because I want to puke at the idea of both a hot dog & roast beef, I'll go with 'disagree'
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
I live on a country road... so I get that the speed limit is 35 mph.... but I don't get that people have to drive 100 mph down it...
Because I run it, I'm on constant look out for these speeding cars... AND there are no side walks on country roads...
so I stick with giving dirty looks to people that ZOOM by me so fast... though I'm sure my face is nothing but a blur as they whizzzzzzz by me.
& for the record, I do refrain from any hand gestures that they may actually see
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
I'm going with my good ole 80's rock hair band... Poison, 'Every Rose has its Thorn'
Also a great remix of it in the Broadway play & movie "Rock of Ages"
& sadly, I just found out, remade by Miley Cyrus - WHAT? That's just disturbing
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe in life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
I'm still trying to believe in life on THIS planet....
Oh snap... that was a heavy answer, wasn't it!
That was your Deep Thought of the day... you're welcome
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm just heart broken right now....
I've trained 14 weeks... the Half Marathon is Saturday - 3 days away
I've mentioned how I've had a buldging disc & have actually trained with it & its not been bad. It was even feeling better & not causing any pain.
This is race week so I'm letting my legs have a break... & last night, I was doing a spinning session when I noticed my back was 'tweaked' leaning over on the spinner.
Then I went to edit some more pictures, sitting all evening... & then I went to pick up Bruno to check him for something...
All of a sudden, my back is in EXCRUCIATING pain... sharp electric volts just hitting me on the left side of my lower back.
I was miserable... I couldn't sit, I couldn't lay, I couldn't stand....
I just found a position that was less painful & bawled my eyes out....
|(yeah... this is about how I was last night)|
I'm not sure if my disc actually slipped out or what happened.
All I know is I heard all night long from Ricky, 'you're not doing the race Saturday' ...
& I get it... I was in so much pain, I would have gone to the emergency room if I knew my sucky, horrible, insurance wouldn't have cost me $8,000 out of pocket.... & not sure they'd do anything anyways.
This morning, the electric pain has stopped... its just tight & sore & achy.... so I'm going to see how it does over the next 3 days...
but I'm still just frustrated as anything...