|Click to join Joyce on her Link up|
1. This time last year where were you?
I actually turned to TimeHop to be very precise on this answer. One year ago today, I was in a coffee shop & meeting up with some of my HSM girls for some chatting & girl time & some God talk. Crazy that I havent seen my girls since March.
2. In honor of National Pink Day (June 23rd) tell us your favorite pink food or beverage. Was it on the menu at your house yesterday? Do you like to wear the color pink? If we came to visit would we find this color in your home decor? Blush-fuschia-salmon-raspberry-your favorite shade of pink?
All the pink questions. - lets break it down....
* the only pink beverage I can think of is a strawberry smoothie - & I do love me a yummy one of those! * no, it wasnt on my menu yesterday - but I'm gonna have to go get some strawberries to have it soon!
* I do tend to wear some pink - but really, am more a neutral wearing gal - give me all the gray (which goes with pink very well!)
* No, you wont find pink in my home decor. Well, not really - for the most part - no - but I do have a Princess bedroom for our guest room so there are touches of pink there.
* & honestly, I dont have a favorite shade - its why I say I dont have a favorite color in general. Everything goes with mood & I like them all.
3. Stop and smell the roses, looking through rose colored glasses, a rose by any other name, not all moonlight and roses, no rose without a thorn...which rosy saying currently fits your life in some way? Explain.
Well, the word "rose" isn't technically in it- but come on, if you know me, you know I'm going to go in a Beauty & the Beast direction - every time.. ... but I love this quote - loving someone till the very end.
4. Are you a 'reader'? Do you tend to read lighter books in the summer months? Do you have a summer reading list? If so, give us a title or two.
Am I a reader??? I honestly laughed. I've never NOT been a reader.
I dont do good with reading lists. I feel strapped in with a book then & then I am looking at it with judgement. Give me reading freedom! ... but I dont necessarily pick a lighter book in the summer. All year round, I try to alternate genres just so I'm not bored. Though I will say, I do like to read an Elin Hilderbrand book during Summer. Something about her Nantucket centered books makes me feel like I can smell the beach water.
5. Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend.
ROSE - Found some really cute shorts I like from Amazon!!!
THORN - had to get them in a bigger size than I usually wear (BOO!) Screw you quarantine eating!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My rib pain is back! I'm going on over 5 years of this. Every time I go to the doctor about it in the past, they've said its myofascial pain from a gall bladder / appendix surgery from years ago. I always say I dont buy it - but its frustrating how it comes & goes & about once a year, it gets like this UNBEARABLE pain. It hurts to touch my side - hurts to move my body - hurts to breath - hurts all the way to my back. I'm pretty miserable right now. It's like a constant tooth ache across my whole middle area. Nothing really that can be done with it too. They did try that myofascial therapy & I'm still not sure it did a whole lot. I try to stretch a lot & break up the scar tissue inside (still not buying all this though... seriously!) & pop some Ibuprofen & wait it out. ... for another 5 years? Geez.